Rockets inquire about Gortat

Dash

The Magic have discussed Gortat with other teams, sources said. Several teams, including Houston and Portland, have inquired about the 7-footer’s availability. If the Magic are going to take on the remainder of Arenas’ contract, it could be important for them to trim some other deals to spare their luxury-tax hit with what’s already a league-high $94.7 million payroll.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-magictradetalks121710

He was Morey's #1 free agent target back in 2009 and considering his frustrations with the lack of minutes in Orlando, its not surprise that the Rockets have turned their attention to possibly acquiring him. Gortat would work beautifully here.

Jeffries expiring?

That wouldn't be bad if they were looking to save money but the Magic don't seem to opposed to spending in order to keep winning games. I think Battier would make a lot of sense for Orlando.

• Like 1

I could see us giving Battier for him as we have just aquired Terrance Williams.

Yep, like I said in a previous thread, one of our wings have to go but it is tough to let of Batman.