Rockets haven't ruled out signing Yao to extension

Dash

Houston hasn't ruled out extending Yao before end of season, if price/length is right.

Interesting tweet, I wouldn't be all that opposed to signing Yao to an extension (assuming that he is willing to work through rehab/surgery again). A 2-3 year deal with a yearly salary of $3-5 million would be fine by me, just as long as we don't build around Yao but rather the current roster on the court.

:lol:

Just give it up, Yao and Houston both. Its over for Yao. He aint never gonna last half a season again.

Where exactly did I say I have expectations for him? Bring him back as the 15th man, would be huge for us if he plays but if he doesn't then whatever.

I didn't see anyone in here say Yaos only option is Houston or that he would somehow be the savior...

It would be a great signing, low commitment and virtually no pressure on Yao Ming.

If good teams can sign old and crappy players to vet contracts why can't the Rockets do the same with Yao? He's got a lot more left in the tank and being a role player who even contributes slightly will make a difference. Yao can still score, still alter shots, and having a 7 footer on your team whether he is the first option or 15th is always a commodity at some point.

He loves Houston and I would assume if he can play again he would love to contribute to the Rockets success in the future.