What should we do with Andray Blatche?

JWaLL

I think his performance against Chicago was the last straw for me, and I say we trade him this season. I'm sure some team will be more than willing to take on a player of his "potential" that everyone seems to be so high on. For me, I've seen enough. I hear the same thing every year regarding his "potential" and "if he gets his act together he can be great." Against Chicago, he showed zero enthusiasm and clearly did not care about winning. Seems to me like he thinks he's going to be gone before the trade deadline. He'll always be a child in a 7 foot body to me...I don't see him getting any better, nor being a part of our rebuilding mode. He's doing more harm than good IMO.

Where the hell have you been?!!?!

I remember during the offseason I kept telling you he will have a good year for us and he should become mature, but it looks like you were right. He's been terrible this season, I don't care what his stats look like (won't bother looking it up either).

We got rid of Arenas, and now we have another headcase on our hands. We need to get rid of all the immature, selffish chuckers, I'm getting so tired of seeing Kirk bring the ball up, pass it to Blatche at the three point line, and watch him try to cross his defender up. The end result more than likely is a brick or a turnover.

What's worse is during the Chicago game he continued to shoot poorly and make mistakes. He didn't try rectifying his errors, he didn't stop putting up shots, and he continued to stop the flow of the offense. It was just a miserable game for him.

We need to ship him out while we can.

EDIT: Check this out:

The Wizards have been dysfunctional on the court this season, but may also have some disharmony off it. Multiple league sources have confirmed that teammates Andray Blatche and JaVale McGee were involved in an altercation outside an area club early Friday

morning.

Witnesses have said that the players were screaming expletives at each other, but two league sources added that Blatche and McGee also exchanged several punches at the Shadow Room in Northwest Washington.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/12/andray-blatche-javale-mcgee-re.html#comments

Wow...

And then there's the good news:

Even before McGee tiff via @MrMichaelLee, Wiz said to be disappointed w/Blatche since extension and have discussed trying to trade Blatche

http://twitter.com/#!/STEIN_LINE_HQ/status/18498269705412608

Where the hell have you been?!!?!

I remember during the offseason I kept telling you he will have a good year for us and he should become mature, but it looks like you were right. He's been terrible this season, I don't care what his stats look like (won't bother looking it up either).

We got rid of Arenas, and now we have another headcase on our hands. We need to get rid of all the immature, selffish chuckers, I'm getting so tired of seeing Kirk bring the ball up, pass it to Blatche at the three point line, and watch him try to cross his defender up. The end result more than likely is a brick or a turnover.

What's worse is during the Chicago game he continued to shoot poorly and make mistakes. He didn't try rectifying his errors, he didn't stop putting up shots, and he continued to stop the flow of the offense. It was just a miserable game for him.

We need to ship him out while we can.

EDIT: Check this out:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/12/andray-blatche-javale-mcgee-re.html#comments

Wow...

And then there's the good news:

http://twitter.com/#!/STEIN_LINE_HQ/status/18498269705412608

Haha I've been around I guess, decided to pop by and post a bit.

Wow, I never even heard of that altercation between Blatche and McGee.... totally pathetic. But yeah, I'm tired of "waiting" for Blatche to take his game seriously and find the "potential" everyone seems to see in him. I truly believe he is the final piece to remove before our rebuilding mode can actually take effect. I know some team is willing to take on his "talent" despite his off court antics. There has to be one coach out there who's willing to whip him into shape. The only question is, what do we trade him for?

PPG 16.8

RPG 7.70

APG 1.7

EFF + 15.61

I've seen some Wizards games this season to watch Wall and McGee play and I have to admit that Blatche is not doing good stuff for the Wizards. yes he averages 16.8 points and 7.7 rebounds but you have to watch him.. Makes the WORST decisions on the court. Mostly shoots when he has the open lane and makes a fade-away when he doesn't need to. Fade-away is really to protect yourself from getting block.. Why would you make a fade-away when you're open!?

On the defensive end, he's pretty lazy. Doesn't hustle a lot and is a bad shot blocker only averaging 0.5 blocks per game despite being 6'11 tall. I totally understand why the Wizards fans are disappointed.

I also was expecting Blatche to become a really good player this season and have a really good year being the second scoring option after Wall. But he's screwing a lot of plays on the offensive end and really doesn't show any efforts on both ends of the floor. He's [expletive]ing sloppy this year

Haha I've been around I guess, decided to pop by and post a bit.

Well I hope you decide to post more, I feel so lonely here.. -_-

The only question is, what do we trade him for?

I'd look into trading him for another forward. Bobcats are trying to trade Gerald Wallace, maybe we could put together an enticing offer for them? Blatche and Thornton or Hinrich? I'm just throwing out random ideas here, but it is realistic. Or maybe we can make a deal that sends Carl Landry to DC and Dray to Sacramento? Either way, I'm really hoping we make a trade before the deadline.

I think I've made it perfectly clear before that I think Andray Blatche is just completely terrible and the Wizards should do whatever they can to move him. He has decent talent and all, but the guy brings way more negatives to the table than positives. He is the perfect example of a player who puts up empty stats on a team.

I don't hate too many players in the NBA, but I can actually say that I absolutely hate the way that he approaches the game. Everything that he does on the floor seems to annoy and rub me the wrong way.

Well I hope you decide to post more, I feel so lonely here.. -_-

I'd look into trading him for another forward. Bobcats are trying to trade Gerald Wallace, maybe we could put together an enticing offer for them? Blatche and Thornton or Hinrich? I'm just throwing out random ideas here, but it is realistic. Or maybe we can make a deal that sends Carl Landry to DC and Dray to Sacramento? Either way, I'm really hoping we make a trade before the deadline.

Haha we'll see, I'll pop in from time to time. Gerald Wallace would be great, and a Blatche+Thornton package I'd do in a heart beat. I'm not sold on trading Blatche with Hinrich though, but then again I'm willing to do just about anything to get this 7 foot child off our roster. Carl Landry for Blatche would be a dream come true, but I don't even think Sacramento is dumb enough to go through with that trade. Blatche brings too many negatives to a team, which is why I worry we may not get any legitimate talent in return for him. I just hope we aren't stuck with him until his contract is up, that would be a nightmare. I can tell he wants out of D.C, his body language and approach to the game makes it obvious.

I think I've made it perfectly clear before that I think Andray Blatche is just completely terrible and the Wizards should do whatever they can to move him. He has decent talent and all, but the guy brings way more negatives to the table than positives. He is the perfect example of a player who puts up empty stats on a team.

I don't hate too many players in the NBA, but I can actually say that I absolutely hate the way that he approaches the game. Everything that he does on the floor seems to annoy and rub me the wrong way.

That's exactly how I feel. While his stats are semi-impressive on paper, if you watch the guy play, he achieves them in the most inefficient way possible. I'm tired of him trying to cross up defenders and take contested fadeaways. He's a power forward...he should stay down in the post and take advantage of his impressive coordination for a guy of his size. I have never been a fan of Blatche in any way. He's just full of trouble and concerns, and this recent incident with McGee is a prime example of why I feel this way. He's just too much trouble for a team like us, facing so much turmoil, to deal with during a rebuilding process.

Just wanted to post the news here:

"After further investigation into an incident on Thursday night, we concluded that Andray and JaVale conducted themselves in an unprofessional manner," said Grunfeld. "As a result, both players will be suspended for tomorrow's game at San Antonio."

Good job Ernie.

Good job Ernie.

It's alright they would lose anyways.. It's good to suspend them so at least these two aren't having a chance of getting injured. Both players have low basketball IQ but Wizards will have a horrible time defending Duncan, Blair etc. since their 2 main big men aren't there

Good job Ernie.

That's actually a relief, but I doubt this is going to make Blatche think "oh I should really get my act together!" I see it having a reverse effect, where he'll be more convinced that he won't be here much longer and will give a halfassed performance from here on out.

Knowing Ernie, he's shopping Blatche heavily as we speak. For good reason, get this dude out of D.C so we can finally start rebuilding. I don't consider us a rebuilding team until he's gone, right now we just suck and he holds a lot of the blame.

^^Agreed.

Our best bet is to go after expirings and draft picks, I don't think we can get talent for talent back in a deal for Dray. With a good crop of forwards in the upcoming draft (whether they actually enter the draft due to the lockout remains to be seen, but we should bank on them doing just that), we should just go after a PF then. I know most of us have our eyes set on another Kentucky freshmen sensation, Terrence Jones, he is a SF, a position that we don't need to focus on entirely. I think we have a good shot at getting a top 5 pick this year since we're the third worst team in the league. With that being said, if we're able to move Blatche out of here, and draft a guy like Sullinger or Perry Jones, we'll be in a GREAT position moving forward.

Hopefully Ernie finds a buyer...

There are not many options out there though. We could potentially send him to Cleveland, and get Hickson in return (he's currently discontent with him being a role player on that team, and they are searching for viable trade scenarios involving him). While that's a major downgrade in talent, we could try to get one of their draft picks (possibly the Miami 2012 first).

What about the Pistons? We could try to trade for Tayshaun's 11 mill expiring deal, although I'm sure there are some contending teams out there trying to get him as well.

Idk, again I'm just throwing out random ideas here, one can only hope Ernie gets a deal done before February. I'd love to see guys like Booker, Seraphin, and Yi get as much PT as possible.

I haven't read the thread but if I am the Wizards GM I would completely clear house and deal everyone with more than 1 year left on their contract if possible except Wall. No one on that team is worth keeping except maybe Young and McGee.

Time to fully turn the page in Washington in my opinion. Sucks Blatche is such an idiot though because he definitely has some talent.