Ipod Cassette for Car

JYD

You guys know a lot about technology so I figured I'd ask for your opinions. What do you guys think of these? I was in my buddy's car today and he was using one and it was surprisingly pretty good. I know it's not going to be great but I rather do this as oppose to making CD's continuously. Anyone use one of these? What do they think? Any brands/good deals I should be aware/look for?

Thanks guys.

Edited by JYD

It's not a cassette player, but mine plugs into my cigarette lighter and works just as well, especially since my car doesn't have a cassette player :lol:

Mine's a monster cable that I got on eBay for like $20 or something [lkrs not gonna like that]

You mean the one that play's through the radio? I hate that...I have one of those, it's a real pain in the [expletive] changing the station to one that constantly comes in. I commute a half hour a few times a week to College and I'd have to change the station 2-3 times during the trip. So frustrating haha.

No AUX input in your car?

Don't believe so. I have a 2002 Audi A4 1.8t...I don't think it has one. I think only a cassette player, and a 6 cd.

Don't believe so. I have a 2002 Audi A4 1.8t...I don't think it has one. I think only a cassette player, and a 6 cd.

[expletive]ty, that's your best bet at high iPod quality.

From what I scrounged up in a few minutes on cassette adaptors, check out this Monster piece... I don't think there's a perfect cassette adapter, they're all pretty flawed... But it's bearable. I'm sure you can find Sony or Phillips pieces that are comparable as well, if you don't dig on Monster.

The transmitters are dece if you live in a low volume area, but finding a static-free channel in cities is hard... and then you're constantly changing it once you find one.

I'd just splurge on a new head unit with an AUX input, make a donation can :lol:

The transmitters are dece if you live in a low volume area, but finding a static-free channel in cities is hard... and then you're constantly changing it once you find one.

I'd just splurge on a new head unit with an AUX input, make a donation can :lol:

If I were to get a new head unit, I'd get a USB one...it's the best quality (had it in my other car before it got totaled, stupid [expletive] that rear ended me last February!). I'm not looking for any after market stuff though since I may sell the car, so I don't want to have to deal with that. Plus it's an excellent sound system to begin with, it's just I have so many songs on my ipod that the CD's can get annoying when you want to listen to an old album or something haha.

That one doesn't look too bad. I was looking at some Griffin, and Belkin ones at Best Buy. Not sure how good they are though. The reviews are so incredibly mixed. Some people say, "WOW AMAZING" and others say "Absolutely horrible."

Edited by JYD

WTF? My FM transmitter is garbage, and it cost me $20. I tried every station, all kinds of music, and I heard an annoying hissing sound at all times.

lolz, my FM Transmitter is super bad [expletive], it finds the best radio station for me, I got it cheap, not to mention it has options for me to play the music at loud, medium or low.

[expletive]ty, that's your best bet at high iPod quality.

From what I scrounged up in a few minutes on cassette adaptors, check out this Monster piece... I don't think there's a perfect cassette adapter, they're all pretty flawed... But it's bearable. I'm sure you can find Sony or Phillips pieces that are comparable as well, if you don't dig on Monster.

This one posted is the best one I've had so far.. I've tried about 3 and this one has been the most durable thus far.

I don't recommend the fm transmitters.. those are [expletive]ty. <_<

So I picked up one the other day for 20 bucks at Best Buy. Pretty good thus far. There is a little bit of a murmur/static but you can only hear it when it goes to the next song and no music is actually playing. The only bad thing I see about it as well is there is far less bass in the songs as oppose to using a CD...but I guess that should be expected coming from a 20 dollar product.

As far as I know, the bass shouldn't be any different unless you have a [expletive]ty mp3 file

Well it's the same exact file coming from the CD I burned and the iPod...I think it just has more power output coming from the CD.

I had a CD player I bought back in 2000.. it was a Sony CD player and came with a car kit.. and about 2 years ago I was going through my old [expletive] and found the tape adapter.. plugged it in my car and worked amazingly. No problems at all with any song.