General Video Game Discussion

The Truth

Well...I pre-ordered BOTH! Huzzah.

Traded some stuff in that I wasn't going to play and paid off Skyrim in full(well except for the tax lol) and had enough to put towards MW3 too. :glasses:

I'm probably not going to post anywhere at all next week, when MW3 and Skyrim releases and I pick up my shiny new copies. Hermit status.

Friends calling? I'll let it ring.

Just filled out a repair request from Sony. Hoping that the system is beyond repair and I'll get to choose a slim refurb system, even though I'd lose all my Dark Souls data :(

Coffin arrived today, got it sent out with today's FedEx shipment. Hoping that the turnaround isn't too long!

• Owner

Just bought Red Dead Redemption and Uncharted 2 for a combined $40. Good buys? Goodbyes?

Yes, I know...I am late getting all of these games. I don't play video games as often as everyone else, haha. I see that people were always saying that those two were the best you can get (especially Uncharted 2, IGN calls it the best PS3 game ever in their top 25), so I had to get them.

Well RDR got GOTY awards for a reason, haha. And Uncharted 2 is amazing.

Anyone try Sonic Generations? It is actually really good and fun..something you rarely hear about the newer Sonic games.

Who determines the Game of the Year awards? I read that RDR had one, Batman: AA was another...LBP another. Is it IGN, Gamespot, or...?

IGN Gamespot etc all have thier own GOTY but Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences determines their GOTY every Feb and that's recognized as the true GOTY at least to me...

Who determines the Game of the Year awards? I read that RDR had one, Batman: AA was another...LBP another. Is it IGN, Gamespot, or...?

No one, its just different magazines/sites handing out the awards. Personally I think Gamespot is pretty wack (one writer was fired a couple years back because he gave a bad review for a game that allegedly was paying the site or something like that) and IGN kinda sucked when I used to use it for reviews years back (not sure how it is now or how their awards go).

Edited by Dash

Man..I was simply going down to Gamestop to pay off the rest of my pre-order for Modern Warfare 3, and it's a [expletive]ing circus in there already. IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE TO TWELVE YET. wtf?

Just bought Red Dead Redemption and Uncharted 2 for a combined $40. Good buys? Goodbyes?

Yes, I know...I am late getting all of these games. I don't play video games as often as everyone else, haha. I see that people were always saying that those two were the best you can get (especially Uncharted 2, IGN calls it the best PS3 game ever in their top 25), so I had to get them.

Don't worry, I just bought Uncharted 2 about 2 or 3 weeks ago and have still yet to pick up RDR, so you aren't alone there.

As for whether or not they are a good buys, I can't comment on RDR (although all my friends have said good things about it and my brother loved it as well) but I'd honestly pay $40 for Uncharted 2 by itself. It is easily the best game I've played on the PS3 so far and I literally don't know a single person who hasn't loved it.

It is considered one of the best games ever made, and for good reason. I absolutely loved it.