Titans owner advised to cut Young, keep Fisher

The Truth

Titans owner Bud Adams is being advised by senior executives to cut ties with quarterback Vince Young and retain coach Jeff Fisher. Adams hasn't made any decisions, but he holds all the power and is believed to be aware that Fisher will not return if Young remains on the roster. "I will make the decisions that I feel are in the best interest of the team," Adams said in a statement. "I do understand the time element involved and would expect to make these decisions in the near future."

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/19926/20110104/titans_owner_advised_to_cut_young_retain_fisher/#ixzz1A9dwF2un

didn't he win like ten straight games as their starter or something?

Kerry Collins went 13-3 the season before. Just because he is in the game when the team is winning doesn't mean he is good. Trent Dilfer was atrocious and he won a Super Bowl as Baltimore's starting QB. The Bears made the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman as their QB.

• Owner

Some of us see that he can play better than our current QBs on our favorite teams. I don't think anyone is putting Young in the same category as Vick, McNabb, or any other QB that can run and throw, but he would help out a few bottom-feeding teams AND would be ideal in a place like Oakland, who has been searching for life at the QB position since Gannon's career-ending injury.

The Raiders are going to look at running the ball more and more anyway, and since Al Davis drafts the fastest players he can find, Young won't have any problem throwing the deep ball there, as long as he has a few receivers under it to bring it home.