14. Alec Burks

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2011/

Other notables:

Brandon Knight at 16

Jimmer Fredette at 17

Jordan Hamilton at 20

Tristian Thompson at 21

Josh Selby at 29

The biggest riser was Nikola Mirotic, a 20 year old power forward who plays for Real Madrid. I don't remember wher he was in their last mock, but he is now at 15 for them.

Just figured I'd update this with the pre tournament mock. Should be interesting to see how all of the tournament play affects their rankings as it usually does.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

• Owner

Rumblings lately that Harrison Barnes and Kyrie may stay in college another year, I certainly hope so on the latter.

Kyrie makes the most sense, because he's missing so many games (is he ruled out for the season yet?), but Barnes can still turn it around. He has time, especially in the tourney. College players can boost their draft positions, big time, if they find a way to drag their team into the Final Four.

Of course, I don't see that happening. In the scenario that it doesn't...Barnes will most likely stay put and play another year.

Kyrie makes the most sense, because he's missing so many games (is he ruled out for the season yet?),

Not yet, Coach K said last night that it is healing in this non surgical route that they are taking. Of course that does not mean it will heal in time for him to play this season still but I hope it heals.

Kyrie Irving

Harrison Barnes

Enes Kanter

3 of the top 5 or 8 players (including arguably the best prospect) in the draft might pull out. Just awful.

Rockets are currently picking at 14 but considering that they the toughest schedule in the league during January, its not unreasonable to expect them to move up possibly 5 or slots in the draft.

Rumblings lately that Harrison Barnes and Kyrie may stay in college another year, I certainly hope so on the latter.

Barnes makes sense because of how awful he has been and a good sophomore season could easily vault him back into the top 3 of a draft considering the hype around during his senior year in high school and coming to UNC.

As for Irving, I still think he will enter the draft, He may want to go back to Duke considering he will have missed basically all of his freshman season and he might just want to stay for the experience.

This is all premmature, though. A great showing in Conference play of the tournament will suddenly vault Barnes back into the top 3, maybe even the top spot, making him want to declare. Irving may come back in time for the ACC tournament or something and if he wins a National Championship with Duke, he may decide to just go to the pros. Who really knows at this point.

Kyrie Irvining the number 1 pick? :lol:

What is so absurd about that? He was lighting up the NCAA before he was injured and was arguably the best point guard in the nation as a freshman. He doesn't have the upside of a John Wall or somebody, but he definitely has the upside to become an All-Star point guard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...