Personnel Changes Thread

The Great iBoldin

Some of the notable movement the past few days includes... (rumors included)

- Les Miles to Michigan

- Chris Petersen to Stanford

- Tom Bradley to Pitt

Gary Patterson signed an extension through 2018 with TCU and Jimbo Fisher signed a five-year extension today.

If Les Miles heads to UM I could see Malzahn taking over at LSU. That'd be a fantastic hire.

If Miles leaves and Bo Pelini becomes the coach, I will become a Michigan fan. -_-

I think Pelini is fairly satisfied with the Nebraska job, but you never know what anyone would do if LSU's job became open. It's probably a top-five or seven job in the country. I still think Malzahn could make that offense absolutely dominant.

If Miles leaves and Bo Pelini becomes the coach, I will become a Michigan fan. -_-

I'm not an LSU fan, but Les Miles seems like a moron. For Michigan to hire him would be a big mistake IMO.

Jimbo just got a raise at FSU, I doubt he's leaving

Really doesn't mean anything nowadays. What matters is the buyout. I don't know if that was also raised for Jimbo though.

I think Pelini is fairly satisfied with the Nebraska job, but you never know what anyone would do if LSU's job became open. It's probably a top-five or seven job in the country. I still think Malzahn could make that offense absolutely dominant.

From what I've heard, Pelini doesn't get along with some of the higher ups at Nebraska and he also wasn't happy that the administration didn't back him up when he went on that tirade about the refs and such. But like you said, who knows?

Malzahn would be a solid hire, but not my favorite. Gary Patterson is most LSU fans REALLY want. Personally I don't want to see the thread offense anymore at LSU. We have so many good running backs and our offensive line talent is starting to get really good. I want us operating with the I-Form as the base of our offense.

I'm not an LSU fan, but Les Miles seems like a moron. For Michigan to hire him would be a big mistake IMO.

Eh. Say what you want, but the guy wins ball games at the end of the day. He's got a NC in his pocket, and a ridiculous winning percentage in the toughest division in the toughest conference in football. The players love him, he runs a very clean program, he represents the university well, and he is an excellent recruiter. Not to mention that he has put LSU in position to make a serious run for the national title again next year. Yes, he has his faults, and yes, he talks goofy, but you can't argue with the success.

Gary Patterson isn't leaving TCU. Miami could've had him when we hired Shannon but I think he just signed an extension through 2018.

1) LSU is a better job than Miami

2) Extensions mean nothing nowadays. The main thing that matters is the buyout. I heard Patterson's buyout did increase with the extension, but that still doesn't mean LSU won't be willing to pay up, especially since they'd have the buyout money from Les Miles' contract in hand to reroute to TCU if Patterson would choose to take the job.

Not saying Patterson will take the LSU job, just saying that just because he turned down Miami's job and signed a new deal doesn't mean he's locked in at that job.

Eh. Say what you want, but the guy wins ball games at the end of the day. He's got a NC in his pocket, and a ridiculous winning percentage in the toughest division in the toughest conference in football. The players love him, he runs a very clean program, he represents the university well, and he is an excellent recruiter. Not to mention that he has put LSU in position to make a serious run for the national title again next year. Yes, he has his faults, and yes, he talks goofy, but you can't argue with the success.

I agree. I've always given him a lot of credit. Just doesn't seem too bright or that good of a coach, but I've always thought he's gotten too much hate.

At the same time, let's not say he 'runs a very clean program.' There may not be anything we know of, but we also don't know if he runs a clean program. Who knows nowadays. It's like saying who is/isn't on steroids in baseball.

LMAO @ "runs a clean program". Are you for real?Is this the same LSU that bought Dwayne Bowe's grandma the Escalade or somehow flipped Patrick Peterson last minute?

Edited by Flash

I agree. I've always given him a lot of credit. Just doesn't seem too bright or that good of a coach, but I've always thought he's gotten too much hate.

At the same time, let's not say he 'runs a very clean program.' There may not be anything we know of, but we also don't know if he runs a clean program. Who knows nowadays. It's like saying who is/isn't on steroids in baseball.

True. Well, he seems to run a clean program RELATIVE to what we've seen across the country in recent years. The only two situations that could have brought trouble to the program during his tenure were handled very well by Miles and the program.

1) Ryan Perrilloux & Derrick Odom were kicked off of the team after their fight outside of the nightclub in BR. Though Miles gave Perrilloux at least 3 tries to correct his character and suspended him on more than one occasion, it says a lot about Miles to boot the starting QB off of the team knowing that there was no depth at that position. Perrilloux being kicked off the team definitely cost the team a couple of victories at the very least.

2) Assistant Coach Dave McCarthy was found guilty of paying for JUCO DL Akiem Hicks apartment. LSU took no risks and Hicks wasn't allowed to play a down of football. McCarthy was fired. LSU self-reported it and also put self-imposed sanctions on the program by reducing scholarships and recruiting contact.

Obviously every school is guilty of at least a little wrongdoing. However, relative to all of the major violations and major wrongdoing exposed at many top programs around the country, LSU has been very clean in that area.

LMAO @ "runs a clean program". Are you for real?Is this the same LSU that bought Dwayne Bowe's grandma the Escalade or somehow flipped Patrick Peterson last minute?

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/20/2akl6p3.gif

You think Miami doesn't do the same stuff? Happens everywhere. And Patrick's brother Avery Johnson will likely be coming here too. :banana:

True. Well, he seems to run a clean program RELATIVE to what we've seen across the country in recent years. The only two situations that could have brought trouble to the program during his tenure were handled very well by Miles and the program.

1) Ryan Perrilloux & Derrick Odom were kicked off of the team after their fight outside of the nightclub in BR. Though Miles gave Perrilloux at least 3 tries to correct his character and suspended him on more than one occasion, it says a lot about Miles to boot the starting QB off of the team knowing that there was no depth at that position. Perrilloux being kicked off the team definitely cost the team a couple of victories at the very least.

2) Assistant Coach Dave McCarthy was found guilty of paying for JUCO DL Akiem Hicks apartment. LSU took no risks and Hicks wasn't allowed to play a down of football. McCarthy was fired. LSU self-reported it and also put self-imposed sanctions on the program by reducing scholarships and recruiting contact.

Obviously every school is guilty of at least a little wrongdoing. However, relative to all of the major violations and major wrongdoing exposed at many top programs around the country, LSU has been very clean in that area.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/20/2akl6p3.gif

You think Miami doesn't do the same stuff? Happens everywhere. And Patrick's brother Avery Johnson will likely be coming here too. :banana:

Na, nothing that happens at Miami comes close to anything at a top SEC school. There's a reason people say that SEC stands for "someone else cheating".

Hard for Avery not to end up at LSU when daddy goes from being a position coach at Ely to head coach somewhere in Baton Rouge lol.

Na, nothing that happens at Miami comes close to anything at a top SEC school. There's a reason people say that SEC stands for "someone else cheating".

Hard for Avery not to end up at LSU when daddy goes from being a position coach at Ely to head coach somewhere in Baton Rouge lol.

Someone's naive. :lol:

All these programs are probably cheating, let's face it. Miami's probably doing it. Just because they've been trash the past 5-6 years doesn't mean they haven't committed any infractions.

Like I said earlier, it's ridiculously stupid to sit here and speculate. It wouldn't shock me if any of these schools are.

Brady Hoke broke into tears when he got introduced as the Michigan coach. At least we know he cares, lol.

One of the things I like about Hoke is his willingness to go away from his own defensive schemes to accomodate to the talent he has. A 4-3 base defense is what he runs, but he ran a year or two of 46 bear at Ball State and ran a 3-3-5 at SDSU. So we'll probably see some variation of the 3-3-5 at Michigan until he can bring in his kind of players. You gotta like that in a coach though.

Brady Hoke broke into tears when he got introduced as the Michigan coach. At least we know he cares, lol.

One of the things I like about Hoke is his willingness to go away from his own defensive schemes to accomodate to the talent he has. A 4-3 base defense is what he runs, but he ran a year or two of 46 bear at Ball State and ran a 3-3-5 at SDSU. So we'll probably see some variation of the 3-3-5 at Michigan until he can bring in his kind of players. You gotta like that in a coach though.

Great hire. Give it to someone who truly wants to be there, and it's obvious Hoke really wanted this job.

He should get rid of the spread I believe. Michigan needs to go back to being a pro-style offense.

Here's my thing, I think RR kinda got a raw deal. Lloyd Carr left the cupboard pretty damn bare when RR took over and had RR gotten another year or 2 to recruit some good players on the defensive side of the ball, I think Michigan is at the top of the Big 10. Not to mention, is hurt when Terrelle Pryor went to Ohio State and not Michigan.

I think RR's spread can work int he Big 10, but he needed more kids on defense.

Edited by Flash

Here's my thing, I think RR kinda got a raw deal. Lloyd Carr left the cupboard pretty damn bare when RR took over and had RR gotten another year or 2 to recruit some good players on the defensive side of the ball, I think Michigan is at the top of the Big 10. Not to mention, is hurt when Terrelle Pryor went to Ohio State and not Michigan.

I think RR's spread can work int he Big 10, but he needed more kids on defense.

Yeah. I do think Rich Rod got a raw deal too. I thought he should've gotten another year.

I also thought Lloyd Carr was underrated. He was pretty much a villain in Ann Arbor because he never beat OSU...but outside of that I thought he was a pretty damn good coach.