Agent: Billups to seek buyout if traded

AboveLegit

DENVER -- If Denver point guard Chauncey Billups is dealt by the Feb. 24 trade deadline to any team, his agent said Saturday that Billups would want to have his contract bought out by this summer, enabling him to become a free agent.

The Bergen Record reported Friday that Billups' name has surfaced in a possible deal in which he and teammate Carmelo Anthony would go to New Jersey. The New Jersey paper reported Detroit also would be involved in the possible three-team deal.

"I've been in constant contact with Masai (Ujiri, the Nuggets executive vice president of basketball operations) and made it clear that Chauncey's desire is to remain a Nugget for the rest of his playing career and thereafter,'' Billups' agent, Andy Miller, said by phone Saturday to FanHouse. "If any of these rumors were to come to fruition, Chauncey and I would definitely want to maintain our flexibility and explore our free agency as soon as possible.''

If Billups is traded to the Nets, he might request an immediate buyout. Regardless of where Billups might end up in any possible trade, it could depend on the situation as to whether an immediate buyout would be sought or Billups would wait until the summer.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/01/08/chauncey-billups-would-seek-buyout-if-traded-by-denver-says-age/

:lmao: There goes that plan

Keep laughing. If you assume that Melo will risk heading into FA with the new CBA looming just to play across the river, then you are sadly, sadly mistaken. A trade WILL happen. Whether it be to the Nets, the Knicks if they sweeten up their offer, or to a dark horse candidate, this deal will happen before the deadline.

Keep laughing. If you assume that Melo will risk heading into FA with the new CBA looming just to play across the river, then you are sadly, sadly mistaken. A trade WILL happen. Whether it be to the Nets, the Knicks if they sweeten up their offer, or to a dark horse candidate, this deal will happen before the deadline.

I'm not dependent on Melo and I don't mind if he goes anywhere else, do I want him? Sure. However I'm happy with the team we got now. I'll laugh all I want.

I'm not dependent on Melo and I don't mind if he goes anywhere else, do I want him? Sure. However I'm happy with the team we got now. I'll laugh all I want.

Looks like I'll have to substitute in for IllWill here...

*have now

• Like 1

• 1 month later...