Nuggets' Rebuilding Won't Affect Karl's Future

AboveLegit

DENVER -- Forward Carmelo Anthony soon could be gone. So could point guard Chauncey Billups. But there's one Denver Nuggets fixture who won't be going anywhere.

With it becoming apparent the Nuggets most likely will be entering a rebuilding mode, sources said Tuesday the team is committed to bringing George Karl back as coach next season and Karl is committed to staying.

The Nuggets and Karl, whose contract expires at the end of the season, have been working since early December on an extension, most likely a deal for three years. The sides have agreed that the future makeup of the team will not be an issue, and that a deal will get done.

Speaking to FanHouse before Tuesday night's game against Phoenix, Karl confirmed from his end he has no plans to leave Denver next season regardless of whether or not the Nuggets are rebuilding.

"Yeah,'' Karl said. "I'm hoping to be in Denver next year.''

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/01/11/sources-george-karl-will-return-to-nuggets-even-if-theyre-rebu/

True. But we have to realize he's starting to get old and tired and he may not do so. Hopefully, I'm wrong.. anyways, it's still a good move by the Nuggets to keep Karl, but if the GM sees that Karl is not doing so well, they should fire him before it's too late. Even without Carmelo in their roster, I could see Denver making the playoffs. They have a lot of good players! Even if you take off Harrington Melo and Billups of the roster! They still have JR, Afflalo, Ty Lawson, Nene.. these are really good players with so much potential