Jay Electronica

JYD

This guy is SCARY good. I've been listening to him for about six months...but I'm shocked no topics on him as far as I know. He got signed in November by Jay-Z. Probably the most talented young guy in the game tbh.

The tracks go on. If you guys are interested, I'll link ya'll to a terrific mixtape with all his best songs.

Yeah, I really like Electronica. He's got a really nice, smooth flow, and he really pays homage to the past greats. Definitely a breath of fresh air in the game.

BTW, send me that link, either in this topic or through PM. I have some of his work, but not a whole lot (like 6-7 songs).

Jay Elec is definitely in my top 5 rappers doing it, and IMO, he's either number one or two behind Blu. Absolutely love his style, and approach. Plus he gets brownie points for being from Louisiana. Can't wait for Act II.

On another note,

"Probably the most talented young guy in the game tbh."

Uhhh, he's turns 35 this year. Not exactly a young guy when it comes to rappers.

Some of ya'll might have this sorry for making it sound like I had some underground secret mixtape.

And by young I meant like recently signed ^^

Here's the link to the best of jay elect mixtape:

http://www.datpiff.com/DJ_AH_Jay_Electronica_Best_Of_So_Far_Jay_Electr.m123996.html

I love his work, he's got a ton of good stuff out.

But the best young rapper out right now is J. Cole.

Personally, I rather listen to J.Cole. But Jay Elect is by far the better lyricist.

Jay has some unreal talent. Hopefully he'll be able to get some recognition by signing with Roc Nation

He will man. Working with J.Cole, Jay-Z maybe even Kanye and a guy like Wale, it'll all give him mainstream shine. He doesn't really care about that...but it naturally will.