Cavs Draft Discussion

During this tough time for the Cavs, why not talk about some positive things for this franchise, such as the 2011 draft. Basically starting the franchise over, this is a huge pick to get this thing going in the right direction. If you are GM Chris Grant, who do you pick?

This is a tough draft since there's no clear number one. Two guys I'd consider are Kyrie Irving and Jared Sullinger. Irving has gotten nothing but praise from what I've heard, and in this point guard driven league, why not get one for your team? Now, the problem is his current injury. I don't know how much of him we'll end up seeing but I don't think that will affect his stock. Also, Byron Scott has a great history of working with point guards, such as Jason Kidd and Chris Paul.

The other guy, Jared Sullinger, is intriguing just because fans here would buy into something like this. He's in our backyard, like LeBron. I don't know if he considers himself to be a power forward or a small forward, and his NBA potential is hard to figure out, but it would be interesting.

Other guys, such as Perry Jones, Harrison Barnes, etc...haven't caught too much of my attention, but the two guys I brought up seem like good choices.

Honestly... trade the pick and stock up for the 2012 draft. This could end up being one of the weakest drafts in recent memory. Why risk the pick on someone that would be a mid-late first in a normal draft?

There's no guarantee that all of the good prospects will stay in college, guys like Perry Jones may still decide to come out.

The Cavs don't have one specific need, so they will be going after the best player available. I'm not totally sold on Sullinger right now, he's probably the best freshmen in the nation, but the Big Ten doesn't exactly have the best competition. Just look at what Evan Turner was able to accomplish last year and how he's struggling to begin his NBA career. If you want a true cornerstone for your franchise, you need to make the safest pick, which I think is Perry Jones, Terrence Jones, or Kyrie Irving.

Honestly... trade the pick and stock up for the 2012 draft. This could end up being one of the weakest drafts in recent memory. Why risk the pick on someone that would be a mid-late first in a normal draft?

They have the Draft a month or so before this agreement expires, more people will declare than you think and even if they didn't who in their right mind would trade for a pick in a weak draft?

As for the Cavs I'd say go after either Kyrie Irving or Jared Sullinger but he is too short to play C and you have Hickson already, also Kemba Walker could be a scoring machine and ya'll def need offense.