Reggie Evans Hoping for Pre-All Star Return to Lineup

RaptorsDevlin Matt Devlin

Update on @ReggieEvans30 rehab...he's in the gym working hard..looking for a pre All-Star return maybe even 1st week of February.

http://twitter.com/#!/RaptorsDevlin/status/27799816431996928

Sounds good to me. Come back, grab a couple dozen rebounds and then he is traded during the All-Star break.

Although he said that he was hoping for about 30 different return dates when he injured his foot last season, so who the hell knows when he will actually come back.

Do not want him back at all if it is going to cut into Ed Davis' already sparse minutes.

I would imagine that he would be showcased and traded prior the deadline, should he return. I'm ok with him cutting into Davis' minutes for a couple of weeks prior to the All-Star game if it means the Raptors dump him to some contender for a draft pick, ideally a late 1st but probably a 2nd, or some cheap young asset.

I definitely don't see him sticking with the Raptors past the deadline if Colangelo has his way. He seems to want to move his expiring for some other cheap asset.

I definitely agree with you if he isn't moved, though. I like Evans hustle and all that junk (get it?) but he has no future on this team past this year so if you aren't trading him, he should be nailed to the bench because Johnson and Davis both deserve minutes based on their play, and both are going to be crucial pieces heading forward, which Evans clear is not.

Edited by Built Ford Tough