Derozan Tired of Losing

The Raptors led the Spurs by 11 points at the half, but ended up losing by a final of 104-95.

"I'm tired of losing," said DeMar DeRozan.

DeRozan had 28 points for Toronto.

“Man, it’s definitely frustrating. It’s a killer. Being up on the best team in the NBA? We’ve just got to hold the lead, you know? It’s definitely frustrating.”

Despite his increased minutes and scoring, Jay Triano has been frustrated by DeRozan's effort on the defensive end.

“I had a good talk with DeMar the other day. DeMar’s being spoiled right now with the number of minutes that he’s getting because of our lineup,” said Triano.

“I told him, ‘You’ve got to play every possession like you were on a team where you were only getting 18 minutes a game.’ I don’t want him to form bad habits and ‘Dre (Andrea Bargnani) is in the same boat.

“You have to do other things so that when there are games that you don’t score points, that you are contributing to us in other faces. Those two aren’t alone, though.”

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/71245/20110120/derozan_tired_of_losing/#ixzz1BbCjdBEG

Triano's comments here are extremely annoying. Bargnani has had bad defensive habits for 5 years now, and Demar is getting called out in his sophomore year? Also it is kind of concerning to hear things like this from Demar already, only his 2nd year on the team and he's sick of losing. Kind of concerning and funny at the same time, if that is possible.

Anyways, Demar is averaging 15 PPG now and is averaging 19 PPG this month. He continues to get better, and while I do agree with Triano, I just dislike how Demar is being called out already when Jose and Bargs have been allowed to give hardly any defensive effort for so long without it being mentioned.

Anyways, keep the tank rolling.