Warriors Looking To Make 'Superstar' Trade

Warriors owner Joe Lacob is very interested in making a significant trade to shake up his franchise.

"I'm certainly biased toward doing something -- strongly," Lacob said.

"What I would really love to do is to pull off the deal to get a superstar. There's one or two of them out there."

Carmelo Anthony is the most discussed star on the market, but Lacob admitted that the forward is likely headed elsewhere.

"We've had discussions with Denver," Lacob said. "And I think it's possible. But unfortunately, he clearly wants to be one place geographically."

Lacob also expressed the willingness to deal any player on Golden State's roster, while calling Monta Ellis the team's "core, franchise player."

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/71262/20110121/warriors_looking_to_make_superstar_trade/

I always liked the Warriors. They're young and talented but unfortunately, they could never put it together to reach the playoffs.If they make a move and get a star, this will surely shake them up and make them a better team. I hope they could keep Ellis though

If I were Denver I'd love to get Monta. Ellis and Lawson would be a sick combo to build on. Lawson and Curry play the same position so I don't see why they'd want Curry.

That's if Denver wanted Melo as their star.

... Curry is a point guard but plays like a shooting guard. He's more of a shooter than a play maker

Edited by *Swish*

Lmao. We haven't had an all-star since I was a year old I believe. I can't see the Warriors having a superstar for some reason. Baron Davis was the closest thing we had and he couldn't get into the all-star game with our average record and his great play on the court.

... Curry is a point guard but plays like a shooting guard. He's more of a shooter than a play maker

Just cuz he is a better shooter that dont mean he is a poor playmaker. I have not seen alot of Warriors basketball but from what I have seen he is an above average player and an outstanding shooter. Defense imo is his biggest weakness.