Mets fire Tony Bernazard

Phightins

In case anybody doesn't know, Adam Rubin, a writer for the NY Daily News, is the writer who broke the story about Bernazard going crazy in the AA clubhouse and challenging the team to a fight. Today in the press conference Omar Minaya called out Rubin and implied that he only broke the story because he wanted Bernazard out so he could have his job. This organization is [expletive]ed up on so many levels.

Edited by Phightins09

Same, mets suck.

It's okay, I'm sure no Mets fan would want a Celtics/Pacers fan from New Jersey to be a Mets fan.

In case anybody doesn't know, Adam Rubin, a writer for the NY Daily News, is the writer who broke the story about Bernazard going crazy in the AA clubhouse and challenging the team to a fight. Today in the press conference Omar Minaya called out Rubin and implied that he only broke the story because he wanted Bernazard out so he could have his job. This organization is [expletive]ed up on so many levels.

Wow talk about an over reaction? So because the GM and a news writer got in a small verbal altercation the organization is [expletive]ed up on a bunch of levels? Pal I'm sorry that's a pretty ignorant assessment.

Edited by Fish7718

Wow talk about an over reaction? So because the GM and a news writer got in a small verbal altercation the organization is [expletive]ed up on a bunch of levels? Pal I'm sorry that's a pretty ignorant assessment.

The Mets are a mess of an organization. Take off your rose colored glasses for a second and tell me honestly if that is an "ignorant assessment".

The Mets are a mess of an organization. Take off your rose colored glasses for a second and tell me honestly if that is an "ignorant assessment".

What? You're not even backing up your statements your just saying the Mets are a mess. Why, because of one press conference? Bernazard is gone so I hope you're not talking about that. Are you talking about a bad investment by Wilpon? I really don't see how you call the organization a mess because of a press conference.

Edited by Fish7718

What? You're not even backing up your statements your just saying the Mets are a mess. Why, because of one press conference? Bernazard is gone so I hope you're not talking about that. Are you talking about a bad investment by Wilpon? I really don't see how you call the organization a mess because of a press conference.

No, in case you were wondering I did not need to see that press conference in order to know that the Mets are a mess. However, Minaya has handled this situation so ridiculously unprofessionally, and what he did with that press conference was beyond a joke. It just serves as more evidence to support the "mess" claim.

Omar Minaya clearly just wanted to start [expletive], either that or he is just really dumb. It's possible that Adam Rubin wanted a job in the Mets front office, but in his current occupation as the Mets beat writer, it is his duty to inform the public of all issues relating to the team, and breaking stories like this one is what gains you credibility in the media world. The dude was just doing his job. And apparently all he had ever asked Minaya was how to go about getting a job in a MLB front office. Omar went way overboard.

Okay you still are not giving me clear cut reasons on why the Mets orginization is a mess. Next time please have facts if your going to make ridiculous claims like that.

Yes, Minaya went way overboard. That is why he apologized for doing what he did not 4 hours later. From my prespective Minaya didn't want this to get out to the public as Bernazard was a close friend of his. However, when Rubin who was just doing job and very well at that, made this public it pissed Minaya off because when it became public he HAD to fire Bernazard. Minaya then was angry at Rubin and his anger got the best of him. Not the first time someone has gotten angry at a reporter and certainly won't be the last time. However, to say the mets are "one major mess of an organization" is pathetic.

Okay you still are not giving me clear cut reasons on why the Mets orginization is a mess. Next time please have facts if your going to make ridiculous claims like that.

Yes, Minaya went way overboard. That is why he apologized for doing what he did not 4 hours later. From my prespective Minaya didn't want this to get out to the public as Bernazard was a close friend of his. However, when Rubin who was just doing job and very well at that, made this public it pissed Minaya off because when it became public he HAD to fire Bernazard. Minaya then was angry at Rubin and his anger got the best of him. Not the first time someone has gotten angry at a reporter and certainly won't be the last time. However, to say the mets are "one major mess of an organization" is pathetic.

Sorry to break the news to you, but if I am "pathetic" for pointing out what the rest of the non-homer-Mets-fan-society already knows, then you are a blindly biased individual. Minaya knows how to make the sexy, big money moves, but when it comes to depth and filling out the roster he is clueless. That is what is separating them from being a contender. I know the injury bug has bitten them bad recently, but this extends beyond this one season.

So, the GM is not the genius prodigy everybody thought he was coming from Montreal, the team has choked two straight seasons and is double digit games out of first in the division right now, a high ranking team official just lost his job for doing something stupid and the GM just lost a whole lot of credibility. I'd say things are not going so well in Met-ville right now.

Edited by Phightins09

Sorry to break the news to you, but if I am "pathetic" for pointing out what the rest of the non-homer-Mets-fan-society already knows, then you are a blindly biased individual. Minaya knows how to make the sexy, big money moves, but when it comes to depth and filling out the roster he is clueless. That is what is separating them from being a contender. I know the injury bug has bitten them bad recently, but this extends beyond this one season.

So, the GM is not the genius prodigy everybody thought he was coming from Montreal, the team has choked two straight seasons and is double digit games out of first in the division right now, a high ranking team official just lost his job for doing something stupid and the GM just lost a whole lot of credibility. I'd say things are not going so well in Met-ville right now.

The funny thing is I agree. Minaya is not a great GM at all. He gets good players but going into this year we needed another SP and another OF bat. He didn't make those moves and looked what happen. I'd say we are far from a mess though.

That's why the Mets are a mess. If you can't see why based on those three huge statements that happened within the last three years.. then I don't know what to tell you.

That's why the Mets are a mess. If you can't see why based on those three huge statements that happened within the last three years.. then I don't know what to tell you.

One of only 3 teams to finish with at least 87 wins in the past 3 seasons. Yeah huge mess.

LMAO BTW: High-ranking team official? THE VP OF PLAYER DEVELOPMENT?! I'll send 20 dollars to anyone who can name their teams VP of Player Development without googling it.

Edited by Fish7718

One of only 3 teams to finish with at least 87 wins in the past 3 seasons. Yeah huge mess.

LMAO BTW: High-ranking team official? THE VP OF PLAYER DEVELOPMENT?! I'll send 20 dollars to anyone who can name their teams VP of Player Development without googling it.

Marc Gustafson.