Chandler for Okafor?

Riot

(AP) -- Persons familiar with the deal say the Charlotte Bobcats are finalizing a trade that would send Emeka Okafor to the New Orleans Hornets for Tyson Chandler.

The swap of centers could be completed later Monday, two people told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because an official announcement has not been made.

The Bobcats will be giving up the only starting center in franchise history for Chandler, who has been plagued by a left toe injury. Chandler played in only 32 games last season and a trade to Oklahoma City was rescinded because of concerns over the injury.

The deal comes less than a year after Okafor signed a six-year, $72 million deal with the Bobcats.

Source

Not sure why the Bobcats would do this.

NOOOOO. :(

Man, this is going to suck. Chris Paul doesn't need anymore help. The West needs to get weaker.

Eh, don't think it would be much of a big deal come playoff time. A 6'10" Okafor playing center alongside a 6'9" David West? San Antonio, Los Angeles and even Dallas would all have fun with that low-court tandem, I think.

Not sure why either would do it. Charlotte is getting raped from a talent perspective, Okafor can still bang the boards and is decent enough on the offensive side. New Orleans is committing to much money to a guy who's best talents lie on the defensive end of the floor, and where he's undersized at the 5.

Just doesn't make much sense.

Just when I was beginning to think the Bobcats front office wasn't that bad...

I really hope there is more to it. Even if the Bobcats lose in this trade, at least get something decent back.