NFL "conditionally reinstates" Vick

His Greatness

NEW YORK -- Michael Vick was conditionally reinstated to the NFL by commissioner Roger Goodell on Monday, and the former Atlanta Falcons quarterback could play in regular-season games as early as October.

Vick can immediately participate in preseason practices, workouts and meetings and can play in the final two preseason games -- if he can find a team that will sign him. A number of teams already have said they would not.

Michael Vick, QB

"Needless to say, your margin for error is extremely limited," Goodell said in a letter to Vick. "I urge you to take full advantage of the resources available to support you and to dedicate yourself to rebuilding your life and your career. If you do this, the NFL will support you."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8117f603&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I don't understand the need for the six-game suspension, but whatever.

Wonder where he signs. This should be interesting.

I could see St. Louis. Billy Devaney was the one who brought Mike Vick to Atlanta in the first place. He kept him relatively in check and Vick has said that the two have a healthy relationship. Plus we all know St. Louis is a bottom feeder in the league and could definitely use some publicity (negative or positive) to help them re-gain some money and image back.

I think teams will sit on him for the first few weeks of the season, until everything has died down a bit, though.

the suspension is stupid. the guy got plenty of punishment in jail, there is really no need for a suspension. just let the guy play

it would be a good move for minnesota, they have no QB, and he would fit pretty well. st louis is also possible, but i cant see san fran signing him. and he is not going to new england, that is absolutely stupid. i doubt he is gonna sign to play behind tom brady unless absolutely no one else want him, and new england really has no need to sign him and get all of that negative publicity