PSP2/NGP

reno

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2011/26/ngp_tilt_92757_screen.jpg

Estimated price $300-350, sony claims graphic wise will be comparable to the ps3. Comes out winter of 2011.

Hardware Specs

CPU:

ARM Corte-A9 core (4 core)

GPU:

SGX543MP4+

External Dimensions:

Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)

Screen:

(Touch screen) 5 inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx. 16 million colors, OLED Multi touch screen (capacitive type)

Rear touch pad:

Multi touch pad (capacitive type)

Cameras:

Front camera, Rear camera

Sound:

Built-in stereo speakers, built-in microphone

Sensors:

Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer)

Three-axis electronic compass

Built-in GPS

Wi-Fi location service support

Keys/Switches:

PS button

Power button

Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left)

Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square)

Shoulder buttons (Right/Left)

Right stick, Left stick

START button, SELECT button

Volume buttons (+/-)

Wireless Communications:

Mobile network connectivity (3G)

IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1x1)

(Wi-Fi) (Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode)

Bluetooth 2.1+EDR (A2DP/AVRCP/HSP)

http://psp.ign.com/articles/114/1146358p1.html

>Implying that's accurate.

Gamestop is starting preorders at $999.99. This thing might flop as badly as the PSP if it starts high.

PSP didn't flop, 65 million units is a lot, specially considering this was sonys first dive into hand held gaming. Gamestop just list the price at $999 since its unknown, my local gamestop also had the 3DS listed at $999 before the price/release date came out. $300 would be at the minimum, but knowing sony probably see a $399, which is a lot for a portable, but Im willing to bet it will still sell like crazy. 2 analog sticks, great graphics, nice screen, if it gets better game support it can be a huge hit. The problem I had with the original psp, it just seemed like a toned down ps2, games mostly ports or something I'd rather play on my main system. Where the ds had different/more original games for a hand held, and something different than playing on your main system.

In the portable gaming market, the PSP didn't crack the gba let alone the ds. The new PSP games will be a bunch of ports too, just watch.

Btw, gamestop just recently put the 3DS online a week or two ago. You can already preorder the psp2. It won't be $999 obviously but it will be expensive and Sony will take a major loss no matter the price

Don't argue with lkr, he obviously knows everything.

lol, I'm just having a friendly debate with dbf

Btw, while the PSP's hardware numbers aren't the worst, software numbers are. I wonder how that will affect 3rd party devs.

My roommate who works at gamestop says he thinks it will be $300 when it comes out so.........take that for what it's worth

His guess is as good as anyone else's right now. I just don't see how Sony could afford to take so much loss per system at that price point. Then again the other argument is who the hell would buy it at a higher price.

More bad news for potential consumers is that it appears that it will use a proprietary expandable media option, so prices on that will probably be high at launch ala the memory stick pro duo(which has come down dramatically in price over the years) while the DS will use SD which is already a common format with cheap prices.