Wiz Khalifa - Roll up new single.

Karl Malone

Does Wiz Khalifa have nothing else to rap about besides rolling marijuana and smoking marijuana ?

Not really. He's a laid back rapper having fun. Not every guy needs to spit a verse about growing up poor and how hard of a [expletive]a he is.

• Like 1

Not really. He's a laid back rapper having fun. Not every guy needs to spit a verse about growing up poor and how hard of a [expletive]a he is.

No i'm not saying he should be, i'm saying that now that he's getting *big*, he still raps about the same stuff.

Kush & Orange Juice has been on replay for me from the start and nothing seemed to get better than that.

No i'm not saying he should be, i'm saying that now that he's getting *big*, he still raps about the same stuff.

Kush & Orange Juice has been on replay for me from the start and nothing seemed to get better than that.

Word, I hear you. Does get repetitive...but that's Wiz & Currensy...They do what they do ya know...

But, this, and black & yellow aren't about smoking weed. Of course he drops a line about it, but this song's title is actually completely misleading. You think about rollin up a joint, but that's not at all what this is about...

Word, I hear you. Does get repetitive...but that's Wiz & Currensy...They do what they do ya know...

But, this, and black & yellow aren't about smoking weed. Of course he drops a line about it, but this song's title is actually completely misleading. You think about rollin up a joint, but that's not at all what this is about...

Yeah def. Black * Yellow is not about smoking weed, and i know what you mean about "Roll Up".

Wiz is a sick chill rapper to kickback with people and listen to so i guess if that's his aim then yeah it's all good, just gets a bit repetitive.

Yeah def. Black * Yellow is not about smoking weed, and i know what you mean about "Roll Up".

Wiz is a sick chill rapper to kickback with people and listen to so i guess if that's his aim then yeah it's all good, just gets a bit repetitive.

True. His topic is limited, but like you said he's just a chill rapper. No one is crowning him the GOAT or anything, so no need to worry. :lol:

Dude is just gettin money and havin fun....sounds good to me.

True. His topic is limited, but like you said he's just a chill rapper. No one is crowning him the GOAT or anything, so no need to worry. :lol:

Dude is just gettin money and havin fun....sounds good to me.

Haha yea his position is good, (money, bud, girls, etc). I'm just thinking that if he keeps bringing out music that's always the same topic that even his main listeners would start to get tired of him and his listeners would slowly decline.

Haha yea his position is good, (money, bud, girls, etc). I'm just thinking that if he keeps bringing out music that's always the same topic that even his main listeners would start to get tired of him and his listeners would slowly decline.

Good point...sometimes I get tired of listening to him myself, need a change haha and I put on Dave Matthews Band or somethin LOL. But I think that mainstream rap has become so limited as far as the topics, that I'm not sure if that'll happen anytime soon to Wiz. The mainstream has really become obsessed with him. College kids love Wiz and it's obvious why. Lol.

Good point...sometimes I get tired of listening to him myself, need a change haha and I put on Dave Matthews Band or somethin LOL. But I think that mainstream rap has become so limited as far as the topics, that I'm not sure if that'll happen anytime soon to Wiz. The mainstream has really become obsessed with him. College kids love Wiz and it's obvious why. Lol.

That definitly. The topics are unbelievably recycled and so generic. To chill & party to, obviously the music is good. But when i want to listen to actually good hip-hop/rap music, that's when the classics from back in the day come in, and/or underground.

:glasses:

"Still Blazin" is prob. my favorite Wiz Khalifa track ha.

That definitly. The topics are unbelievably recycled and so generic. To chill & party to, obviously the music is good. But when i want to listen to actually good hip-hop/rap music, that's when the classics from back in the day come in, and/or underground.

:glasses:

"Still Blazin" is prob. my favorite Wiz Khalifa track ha.

Yeah exactly. But like that's exactly why I listen to Ghostface Killah AND Rick Ross. But on this forum everyone acts like you can't listen to both.

Why? Why do rappers have to always be in competition with each other? I'm not saying Ross is a better MC than anyone. Sometimes I like to hear some bass hit and some gangsta [expletive]. Other times I wanna hear some chill party music like a Wiz. Other times I wanna hear a deep song by Em, Nas, Big L, or Raekwon. People on this site act like you're completely wack for listening to Rick Ross or Wayne or Drake just because they aren't great, deep lyricists. I find it funny as [expletive].

Yeah exactly. But like that's exactly why I listen to Ghostface Killah AND Rick Ross. But on this forum everyone acts like you can't listen to both.

Why? Why do rappers have to always be in competition with each other? I'm not saying Ross is a better MC than anyone. Sometimes I like to hear some bass hit and some gangsta [expletive]. Other times I wanna hear some chill party music like a Wiz. Other times I wanna hear a deep song by Em, Nas, Big L, or Raekwon. People on this site act like you're completely wack for listening to Rick Ross or Wayne or Drake just because they aren't great, deep lyricists. I find it funny as [expletive].

I get what you're trying to say but maybe it's not that rappers have to be always in competition with each other it's just that some people can't stand certain rappers. Like for me even if i am in the mood to listen to just some rap nothing lyrical just "tight* i still cannot stand Wayne's voice and delivery, which is one of the main reasons i do not listen to him. It's not always comparisons but also the artist himself that people don't like which is why they don't listen, not because they think he can't compare with their own favorite rapper.

Obviously Ross, Wayne, Drake, etc. cannot match up even closely to Eminem, Nas, etc.

I get what you're trying to say but maybe it's not that rappers have to be always in competition with each other it's just that some people can't stand certain rappers. Like for me even if i am in the mood to listen to just some rap nothing lyrical just "tight* i still cannot stand Wayne's voice and delivery, which is one of the main reasons i do not listen to him. It's not always comparisons but also the artist himself that people don't like which is why they don't listen, not because they think he can't compare with their own favorite rapper.

Obviously Ross, Wayne, Drake, etc. cannot match up even closely to Eminem, Nas, etc.

But their music is completely different in the sense you can't compare Rick Ross to Eminem. Sure it's the same "genre" I guess, but Eminem is more of a poet, he's more of trying to tell a story when Rick Ross is just throwing out typical [expletive]erish [expletive] and gangsta [expletive] with a nice beat. You can't compare Currensy and Wiz to Nas...They aren't trying to get real lyrical.

If you don't like to listen to Ross, Wayne, Drake, etc. etc. I can completely understand that. Doesn't make them wack. They still put out quality music, you just have to understand they aren't trying to be the greatest MC of all time. They aren't trying to get real lyrical. Lol. Idk what it is...dude's just don't seem to understand that aspect. Wayne is a punchline rapper, he tries to come up with clever lines...When you listen to J.Cole, his songs try to tell a story and are real deep....comparing J.Cole to Nas is actually possible. Comparing Ross to Nas doesn't even make any sense.

But their music is completely different in the sense you can't compare Rick Ross to Eminem. Sure it's the same "genre" I guess, but Eminem is more of a poet, he's more of trying to tell a story when Rick Ross is just throwing out typical [expletive]erish [expletive] and gangsta [expletive] with a nice beat. You can't compare Currensy and Wiz to Nas...They aren't trying to get real lyrical.

If you don't like to listen to Ross, Wayne, Drake, etc. etc. I can completely understand that. Doesn't make them wack. They still put out quality music, you just have to understand they aren't trying to be the greatest MC of all time. They aren't trying to get real lyrical. Lol. Idk what it is...dude's just don't seem to understand that aspect. Wayne is a punchline rapper, he tries to come up with clever lines...When you listen to J.Cole, his songs try to tell a story and are real deep....comparing J.Cole to Nas is actually possible. Comparing Ross to Nas doesn't even make any sense.

The thing is maybe not all of them are, but Wayne himself said "I'm the best rapper alive". Once a rapper says that, shouldn't he able to back that up ? Because seriously, without any bias, look at Wayne and try and say he's anywhere near the best rapper alive let alone a good rapper (in terms of rapping to be an MC, lyrical, structures, concept, etc.) And yeah i understand what you're saying with how you can't compare these "gangster" rappers to real lyrical and legend-like MC's but the thing i hate is that these mainstream rappers who are not on the levels of Em, Nas, etc. are still among the most payed and the underground amazing rappers don't get a chance. Also the mainstream shows that recycling club/party music is an easy way to get money, which is how all these new rappers get in the game.

The thing is maybe not all of them are, but Wayne himself said "I'm the best rapper alive". Once a rapper says that, shouldn't he able to back that up ? Because seriously, without any bias, look at Wayne and try and say he's anywhere near the best rapper alive let alone a good rapper (in terms of rapping to be an MC, lyrical, structures, concept, etc.) And yeah i understand what you're saying with how you can't compare these "gangster" rappers to real lyrical and legend-like MC's but the thing i hate is that these mainstream rappers who are not on the levels of Em, Nas, etc. are still among the most payed and the underground amazing rappers don't get a chance. Also the mainstream shows that recycling club/party music is an easy way to get money, which is how all these new rappers get in the game.

Yeah because look at who runs these radio stations and corporations. Most middle aged white men and they play all the [expletive]ty music on the radio. The stuff that will sell the most. They are the ones in charge. So what makes it to the radio and what people hear the most? The gangsta [expletive]...money, sex, drugs...sad but true. That's why to be a great MC you gotta be able to put a radio banger and keep it real lyrical. that's why jay-z is my favorite artist. no one did that better than jay.

But yeah man it sucks that the real lyrical stuff doesn't get recognized. But you know how it is...everyone loves a catchy hook and a nice beat..

Edited by JYD

Yeah because look at who runs these radio stations and corporations. Most middle aged white men and they play all the [expletive]ty music on the radio. The stuff that will sell the most. They are the ones in charge. So what makes it to the radio and what people hear the most? The gangsta [expletive]...money, sex, drugs...sad but true. That's why to be a great MC you gotta be able to put a radio banger and keep it real lyrical. that's why jay-z is my favorite artist. no one did that better than jay.

But yeah man it sucks that the real lyrical stuff doesn't get recognized. But you know how it is...everyone loves a catchy hook and a nice beat..

I wouldn't say no one did it better than Jay Z, look at Eminem. One of the most diverse, lyrical, jaw-breaking MC's and considered one of the best if not GOAT while selling 80 + million albums in one decade and being the most sold artist in the past decade. It's truly amazing. He completely took over 2010 after a long break (overdose, coma, death of proof, comes back with Relapse then Recovery.)

^ That's a whole different argument though.

What you said about "everyone loves a catchy hook and a nice beat"

This song by Em, Jay, 50, etc. reveals that perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_uDEayR7X0

I wouldn't say no one did it better than Jay Z, look at Eminem. One of the most diverse, lyrical, jaw-breaking MC's and considered one of the best if not GOAT while selling 80 + million albums in one decade and being the most sold artist in the past decade. It's truly amazing. He completely took over 2010 after a long break (overdose, coma, death of proof, comes back with Relapse then Recovery.)

^ That's a whole different argument though.

What you said about "everyone loves a catchy hook and a nice beat"

This song by Em, Jay, 50, etc. reveals that perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_uDEayR7X0

Yeah....unfortunately, that song was ruined by 50 cent....but the meaning of the song is true. (Rumors had it Jay-Z was ghostwritin for Dre back in the day lol i always wondered if it were true but anyway...)

Yeah if you want to say Eminem is better than Jay-Z from a lyrical standpoint and as an MC, I can't argue that too much. That's more musical preference, style, delivery, etc. Eminem truly has put out some great [expletive] and I respect that. Hell, even Kanye (who supposedly hates white people according to every white person i know LOL) said Em's the GOAT.

But I just think Jay-Z reached so many different people. Personally, I like Jay-Z's music more but it's apples to oranges when you're comparing two of the obvious greats to ever do it.

Yeah....unfortunately, that song was ruined by 50 cent....but the meaning of the song is true. (Rumors had it Jay-Z was ghostwritin for Dre back in the day lol i always wondered if it were true but anyway...)

Yeah if you want to say Eminem is better than Jay-Z from a lyrical standpoint and as an MC, I can't argue that too much. That's more musical preference, style, delivery, etc. Eminem truly has put out some great [expletive] and I respect that. Hell, even Kanye (who supposedly hates white people according to every white person i know LOL) said Em's the GOAT.

But I just think Jay-Z reached so many different people. Personally, I like Jay-Z's music more but it's apples to oranges when you're comparing two of the obvious greats to ever do it.

Yeah i can believe that Jay-Z ghostwrote it for 50 because Eminem's done it for 50 as well, so i would not be too surprised haha :lol: .

Yeah i respect your opinion because once it comes down to such greats (Em & Jay) then usually opinion and preference dominates a person's choice. Renegade was an absolute classic and if only they come out with some dope tracks like that again it would be crazy.

The thing that amazes me with Eminem is that he has so many styles and he always comes up with a fresh/new concept and a way of delivering his music on every album.

Im thinking of starting a Relapse vs. Recovery thread but im not sure how much attention that would get, i'd be down for some nice arguin haha.

Yeah i can believe that Jay-Z ghostwrote it for 50 because Eminem's done it for 50 as well, so i would not be too surprised haha :lol: .

Yeah i respect your opinion because once it comes down to such greats (Em & Jay) then usually opinion and preference dominates a person's choice. Renegade was an absolute classic and if only they come out with some dope tracks like that again it would be crazy.

The thing that amazes me with Eminem is that he has so many styles and he always comes up with a fresh/new concept and a way of delivering his music on every album.

Im thinking of starting a Relapse vs. Recovery thread but im not sure how much attention that would get, i'd be down for some nice arguin haha.

Yeah pretty much agree with that...Renegade is definitely one of my favorite tracks. Everyone always says Em killed Jay on that track, but Idk, Jay's verse is pretty damn good. I absolutely love that song...and that album (The Blueprint) is actually my favorite rap album of all time.

Well, I think it's pretty obvious Recovery was better. Although, I'll admit, I didn't really love either one, Recovery was a real solid album though for sure.

Yeah pretty much agree with that...Renegade is definitely one of my favorite tracks. Everyone always says Em killed Jay on that track, but Idk, Jay's verse is pretty damn good. I absolutely love that song...and that album (The Blueprint) is actually my favorite rap album of all time.

Well, I think it's pretty obvious Recovery was better. Although, I'll admit, I didn't really love either one, Recovery was a real solid album though for sure.

Jay had a REALLY good verse, it's just that Eminem had that much of a BETTER verse than Jay. Also take in account that Jay had like 6 or whatever years to construct the verses since Em already made those verses when he did Renegades with Royce. Either way, they both created a classic.

See this is where the arguing would come in, because although Recovery is better overall as a whole album, i have a lot of reasons for Relapse being the more technical, lyrical, etc. album.

Jay had a REALLY good verse, it's just that Eminem had that much of a BETTER verse than Jay. Also take in account that Jay had like 6 or whatever years to construct the verses since Em already made those verses when he did Renegades with Royce. Either way, they both created a classic.

See this is where the arguing would come in, because although Recovery is better overall as a whole album, i have a lot of reasons for Relapse being the more technical, lyrical, etc. album.

Yeah well the production on Recovery was definitely a lot better...I'll be completely real here I didn't listen to as much of Relapse as I did Recovery...I probably never gave Relapse too fair of a chance. Haha.

I love how this topic about Wiz's new single turned into a discussion about Em.... :lol:

Always seems to come back to the greats huh haha

Yeah well the production on Recovery was definitely a lot better...I'll be completely real here I didn't listen to as much of Relapse as I did Recovery...I probably never gave Relapse too fair of a chance. Haha.

I love how this topic about Wiz's new single turned into a discussion about Em.... :lol:

Always seems to come back to the greats huh haha

Really ? I thought the production on "Relapse" was much tighter, i'd rather have Dre completely produce an Em album than like 9 different producers with different styles and sounds.

Haha yeah the greats always overshadow others. :glasses: