14 Years Before The Malice at the Palace...

Name: 14 Years Before The Malice at the Palace...

Category: Other Clips

Date Added: 29 January 2011 - 06:21 AM

Submitter: Oliver P

Short Description: Another brawl in the palace

Yeah most people have forgotten about it but 14 years before the Malice at the Palace, in April 1990, a brawl occured in the same Palace of Auburn Hills. Started by the most hated player in the history of the game : Bill Laimbeer. At the time Jim Lynam (the Sixers coach) said that it was the worst fight he ever saw on a basketball court...<br /><br />For the record only three players got suspended for that, Barkley, Laimbeer and Hastings, they got suspended for 1 game only. This despite the fact that Barkley went into the crowd to fight fans (like Artest)...<br /><br />Barkley and Laimbeer were fined 20000 $ each. Just before the fines were announced Barkley said : "I don't care if I get fined, I make million. What's a couple of thousand dollars?".<br /><br />Also I like at the beginning of the video how Thomas tried to fight his former teammate Mahorn and Rick just stands still and seems to be like "what the hell is that bug flying around me ?" lol.

View Video

• Like 1