Lupe Fiasco-Lasers Official Tracklisting

MainEv3nt

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XOQd1EqmfLs/TTcdtucJiYI/AAAAAAAANd4/vlV-CEQ-V1g/s1600/lasers.jpg

01. Letting Go (Feat. Sarah Green)

02. Words I Never Said (Feat. Skylar Grey)

03. Till I Get There

04. I Don’t Wanna Care Right Now (Feat. MDMA)

05. Out Of My Head (Feat. Trey Songz)

06. The Show Goes On

07. Beautiful Lasers (Two Ways) (Feat. MDMA)

08. Coming Up (Feat. MDMA)

09. State Run Radio (Feat. Matt Mahaffey)

10. Break The Chain (Feat. Eric Turner & Sway)

11. All Black Everything

12. Never Forget You (Feat. John Legend)

So many features, annoying.

Like 99% of the features are just for the hooks....haha. Can't wait.

^exactly...took the words right out of my mouth. I would have to say the track list is looking good. I don't want to listen to anymore of the tracks so they are fresh Mar 8

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely not as good as F&L and The Cool. Lyrically, it's mostly really good, but the hooks and poppy beats really hurt some songs. I CAN'T STAND the autotune on Beautiful Laser's hook. That said, that song, Letting Go, and Till I Get There are overall very good tracks, and definitely my favorites. I also like Never Forget You, Coming Up, and Show Goes On a good bit. I wish Alex Da Kid's beats weren't terrible or else I'd like Words I Never Said a lot.

Haven't listened yet - will hold off until I can buy it. Hell, might as well, only waited about 3 years for this album.

Sounds like it's quite disappointing. The Cool is one of my favorite albums of all time, so this is probably going to be a disappointment...

Not sure how the two singles "Words I never said" and "The Show Goes On" stack up to the other 10 songs, but if they are as good as them I will love the album. I thought the two singles were very very good.

Lupes reaction on the album

“I never thought Lasers would inspire so much negativity,” Lupe wrote to his nearly 400,000 Twitter followers. “Reading the comments and reactions is crushing.”

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.14251/title.lupe-fiasco-responds-to-lasers-leak-and-negative-reviews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdY1NlxM-m8

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdpIYpYGz0w

Should have been on the album, easily better than anything on lasers. imho. Hopefully lupe can do what he wants with the next album.

Edited by dabearfan101

My 3 favorite tracks are

1. Words I Never Said

2. Show Goes On

3. Till I Get There

Very disapointing album to me, I got hooked the cool lately and was pumped for this album but what a let down, not sure if it's worse than F&L but it comes no where close to as good The Cool. 2 of the tracks I like here are 'pop' Lupe too, like superstar is, just him hip-hopping on a smooth beat with a nice hook. Which is alright, but his skills and word play are far beyond needing that.0

Infact listening to the Cool right now I'd put

Hip Hop Saved my life

Fighters

Streets on Fire

Little Weapon

over every track on this album, and even then I'd have a few other tracks in consideration for being better

sent

+1 :D

Edited by fish7718

You guys read about how Lupe hates this album or at least, doesn't entirely like it?

“I had to do ‘Show Goes On,’ that was like the big chip on the table. I had to do it and it had to be the first single if the record was going to come out. And then there’s ‘Never Forget You’ [featuring John Legend]—which is another record I had nothing to do with—which became another bargaining chip, like, ‘Yo, after ‘Show Goes On’ there’s going to be this other record that you had nothing to do with.’ And I know John Legend, he’s a cool dude. But it was just a record he had sitting around and Exec A or Exec B heard it, and they were like, ‘Oh yeah! We’re going to put this on Lupe.’ And it wasn’t like, ‘Hey Lupe, do you like this song?’ it was like, ‘You got to do this record.’ At that point, I had already done ten records [the same way]. It was like I’d fly out from whatever spot I’m vacationing in, cut these records, and fly back.”

“One thing I try to stress about this project is, I love and hate this album. I listen to it and I’ll like some of the songs. But when I think about what it took to actually get the record together and everything that I went through on this record—which is something I can’t separate—I hate this album. A lot of the songs that are on the album, I’m kinda neutral to. Not that I don’t like them, or that I hate them, it’s just I know the process that went behind it. I know the sneaky business deal that went down behind this song, or the artist or singer or songwriter who wrote this hook and didn’t want to give me this song in the first place. So when I have that kind of knowledge behind it, I’m just kind of neutral to it like, ‘Another day, another dollar.’ As opposed something like The Cool, which is more of my own blood, sweat, and tears, and my own control. With this record, I’m little bit more neutral as to the love for the record.

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/02/interview-lupe-fiasco-hates-lasers?page=1