2011 Grammy Awards

htown11

The people at the Grammy's got it right. Just because it's not rap doesn't mean it's not good. Arcade Fire had the best album by far out of all the nominees.

I'm not arguing that they got it wrong, I'm just shocked cause I never heard of these people :lol:

Who is Esperanza Spalding? Her dad invent the basketball?

Drake made out like a bandit, grinding on Rihanna and walked off the stage with a smile. :glasses:

Spalding actually revolutionized baseball ;) Edited by fish7718

The Grammy's didn't surprise me at all. They always try and give the awards to the people you know nothing about to continue with that whole "we know more than you" attitude.

Arcade Fire is a pretty known band in the indie scene. They aren't Eminem or Jay-Z, but their album is better than both none the less.

Arcade Fire is a pretty known band in the indie scene. They aren't Eminem or Jay-Z, but their album is better than both none the less.

Grammy's just baited everyone. They hyped the [expletive] out of Eminem's comeback/recovery, give him 10 nominations and he wins 2 without the main "Album of the year". Arcade Fire does not deserve album of the year, compared to Eminem who comes back from near fatal over dose, drugs, etc. and then has the best selling album of the year.

And I thought Relapse > Recovery technically, skill wise, etc.

Edited by Rhyme Asylum

because he came back, his album becomes superior?

I didn't know Tom Petty still recorded new albums

No, it's because his album was the best of the nominees.

Best Alternative Music Album

* Brothers, The Black Keys

The Suburbs, Arcade Fire

Infinite Arms, Band Of Horses

Broken Bells, Broken Bells

Contra, Vampire Weekend

Album of the Year:

* The Suburbs, Arcade Fire

Recovery, Eminem

Need You Now, Lady Antebellum

The Fame Monster, Lady Gaga

Teenage Dream, Katy Perry

Tell me how Arcade Fire didn't have the Best Alternative Music Album but the Best Album of ALL genres? That just proves how [expletive]ing retarted the Grammy jury is.

Edited by Rhyme Asylum

Recovery sucked. I'm a huge Eminem fan, but it's a weak album. Any music critic out there will say The Suburbs was a top 5 album of 2010. Whether or not it's your musical style is fine, but at least listen to the album because half the people saying Recovery should of won have never even heard of Arcade Fire.

how can you say Eminem's album is better when you've never listened to The Suburbs?

And you know I haven't, how ? Obviously you would go at that comment and over-look the rest of what i posted.

There is no way they should have gotten the award over Eminem, even over Gaga.

*Muse > Arcade Fire

Edited by Rhyme Asylum

Recovery was the best rap album by any mainstream hip-hop artist last year, but individually third worst Eminem album. It's a lot better than Relapse was, but A LOT worse than classics like Slim Shady, MM LP's, and the Eminem Show. Too bad not any semi-mainstream or underground artists never get recognized by big time events like Grammy awards.

• Like 2

Recovery was the best rap album by any mainstream hip-hop artist last year, but individually third worst Eminem album. It's a lot better than Relapse was, but A LOT worse than classics like Slim Shady, MM LP's, and the Eminem Show. Too bad not any semi-mainstream or underground artists never get recognized by big time events like Grammy awards.

To me Relapse > Recovery and i still believe that Recovery deserved AOTY.