Who can beat Ray's record?

AboveLegit

• Owner

It depends. Curry may have to become more of a facilitator...he's shown that he can run an offense and pass the ball well, and if Monta ends up being traded, Curry will handle the ball much more, create more for his teammates, and his three-point attempts will fall.

Durant doesn't hit them as efficiently, so I don't see it happening for him.

Kyle Korver would get close if he was getting more minutes and shot attempts. He's a top three shooter in the NBA (Ray is better this season, and I'm sure I could find someone else).

Curry will most likely get up there, but it all depends on the role he has to play later in his career. As a facilitator and a pure point...no, he won't set the record.

Allen was averaging anywhere between 7-9 threes a game in his prime, and was always hitting them at around 40%. I don't see anyone in the NBA right now that I think can or will do that. Durant is the only guy with the green light to really take enough to get close.

And the difference between guys like Allen and Redick, Korver, etc, is that Allen could get his, those guys are spot up shooters.

Edited by Check my Stats

• Owner

Allen gets almost every three he makes by running off of screens, just like Korver (and Reggie Miller). The difference is that Allen has played 35-40 minutes a game, and was once the primary scoring option. Korver will never have that opportunity.

You rarely see Allen go isolation, then drop a three. Very rare, even when he was in Seattle and Milwaukee.

I don't see how Curry is more likely than Gallo, Gallo is the same age, has more 3's right now and takes more 3's, and is an offense that will always call for him to take 3's.

True, but it's more about longevity, I see Curry having a longer career than Gallo. Just look at Peja, he's in the top 5 in three's, but he could have been much higher had he not been injured so much. Guards tend to have longer careers, and Curry has the stroke that can keep him in the league for a very long time.

• Like 1