if Melo wanted to play in LA...

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yup. Melo is a true scorer and franchise player, someone who can get you a bucket at any point in the game when you need one. The Clippers would not be a laughing stock with Melo.

Plus, its easy to build around Melo + Griffin. Gordon is a nice piece but nowhere near a franchise player. And youre getting Smith in the deal who is also a very serviceable bench player or even starter. But lets be real, Melo would never agree to join the Clippers. :lol:

elton brand > tim duncan

I understand what you are tying to saying, but comparing 2 C's in the down fall of their careers not playing similar minutes to my comparison, is horrible. Eric Gordon has become one of the best scoring guards in the NBA, stats don't lie.

BTW never said Eric Gordon > Melo Anthony

but Aminu + Kaman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JR Smith

Edited by fish7718

No, Eric Gordon is becoming a star, the team needs a PG and healthy Kaman and they are a contender.

[*]the last thing they need is a pg. they already have Baron Davis, who's putting up great numbers this year. he's playing with more fire and passion now than ever. the emergence of Blake Griffin has reinvigorated him and they're finally getting the B-Diddy they always wanted. not only that, they have the youngster Eric Bledsoe on the roster, who has tons of potential. he'll be their starting pg when Baron leaves. either that, or they go after CP3 or D-Will in 2012 (they'll have more than enough cap available).

[*]Kaman isn't in their future plans. he's getting older, he's injury prone, and they already have DeAndre Jordan, a younger, more athletic center. I could see a Griffin-Jordan big man duo in LA for the next several years. Kaman's deal expires after next year and there's no way the Clippers would extend him then anyway.

[*]Eric Gordon's a great player, but I honestly believe he's hit his ceiling. I don't think he'll ever be much better than he his now. he's a third option, second at best, and that's it. his defense is nothing special and his lacking height doesn't help matters. what you're getting in Gordon is very similar to what you'd be getting in Kevin Martin - a young perimeter scorer who can't do much else. I think a lot of you just look at the stats and say, 'they better keep this dude.' Melo does so many more things than Gordon that just don't show up in the stat sheets.

[*]I think the Clippers still need another superstar before they can become a championship contender, which is why I suggested they trade for Melo. Griffin's been unbelievable for them this year, but they need another star to put them over the top. I don't think Gordon is the guy for the job. Melo's the total package - an all-around superstar who gives them what they need. like I already said, Kaman's pretty much out the door and Gordon has pretty much reached his peak, so I'd definitely sacrifice those two for Melo and Smith. Aminu's shown signs of potential, but you gotta give to get in these deals.

[*]Eric Gordon's a great player, but I honestly believe he's hit his ceiling. I don't think he'll ever be much better than he his now. he's a third option, second at best, and that's it. his defense is nothing special and his lacking height doesn't help matters. what you're getting in Gordon is very similar to what you'd be getting in Kevin Martin - a young perimeter scorer who can't do much else. I think a lot of you just look at the stats and say, 'they better keep this dude.' Melo does so many more things than Gordon that just don't show up in the stat sheets.

I couldn't let this one go by. There is so much wrong in that statement. Eric Gordon is a very good, clutch defensive player.