Jan Vesely

Dash

Absolutely an incredible physical specimen. He has the size, length, wingspan, lateral quickness (for someone of his size), and explosiveness to be a very intriguing prospect come draft night. The problem with Vesely has always been what position will he play in the NBA, small forward or a power forward? Regardless its going to be tough to pass up on a athlete like him in the late lottery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eEltkM1K4Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNV9Syn9yS4&feature=fvwrel

I like him a lot. After watching his highlights last year I thought he was a shoe-in for the top 10. Now he should be a top 5 player. IMO he'll play on the wing because of his athleticism. He needs to develop a more consistent jumper from what I've read but that can be done.

He'll be one of the better international players to come over in a while if he indeed makes the jump.

People call him the European Blake Griffin lol... He has a nice offensive game, I'm guessing he will be played at the 3 spot, but it will be interesting. He has a chance to go in the lottery if the CBA doesn't work out and the top prospects do stay another year.

People call him the European Blake Griffin lol... He has a nice offensive game, I'm guessing he will be played at the 3 spot, but it will be interesting. He has a chance to go in the lottery if the CBA doesn't work out and the top prospects do stay another year.

He's got the body to be a great defender too but like most Europeans he seems to be lacking in that area. However, I read his coaches praised him for his work ethic and dedication so maybe he can improve.

Personally I think he's going in the mid-late lottery regardless of the CBA.

I like him a lot. After watching his highlights last year I thought he was a shoe-in for the top 10. Now he should be a top 5 player. IMO he'll play on the wing because of his athleticism. He needs to develop a more consistent jumper from what I've read but that can be done.

He'll be one of the better international players to come over in a while if he indeed makes the jump.

His handles worry me too, they're pretty good for a guy of his size (had a sweet crossover a while ago too) but I don't think he'll fair too well against the NBA forwards. He could still be effective even without great handles.

Edited by Dash

He's got the body to be a great defender too but like most Europeans he seems to be lacking in that area. However, I read his coaches praised him for his work ethic and dedication so maybe he can improve.

Personally I think he's going in the mid-late lottery regardless of the CBA.

I think the lack of defense comes from not facing the same type of speed and athleticism in Europe like they do in the NBA. A lot of defenders today rely on their athleticism to make them good defenders, that not the case in Europe because they have inferior athletes in their leagues.