Hamilton could land in Boston

The Truth

If Richard Hamilton negotiates a buyout of his contract with the Pistons, he'll likely have to give back a portion of the $25 million he's owed over the next two years. The Celtics remain interested in Hamilton as a scorer off the bench.

Hamilton could land in Boston

that would be rather frighting. cut Wafer and JO and you've got a scary 12-man roster.

Rondo/West

Allen/Hamilton

Pierce/Daniels

Garnett/Davis

Perkins/Shaq

Erden/Harangody

Celtics FO really likes Gody for some reason, but I think he'd be the first to go. He provides absolutely nothing to the team right now. Wafer is playing too well right now for him to be cut.

Hopefully Rip comes to Boston, he'd be great off the bench. He can play defense in the right system, and is a proven scorer and winner.

I just realized I didn't even include Nate the Great on that roster. I guess they'd have to cut Wafer, JO, AND send Gody to the D-league if they wanted to add Hamilton. with Nate, Rip, Allen, Rondo, and West, there'd be no room at all for Von on that team.

with Daniels being a huge question mark, i doubt Von gets cut, and cutting Jo would make zero sense, considering we'd need to cut only 1 guy to sign rip. If we do sign rip, i could see Daniels receiving a buy out as a more realistic scenario over cutting Von or Gody.

you technically don't have to cut anyone, but there's only room for twelve on an active roster. any way you look at it, someone out of JO, Wafer, Daniels, and Gody isn't going to be in the picture.

we're already at the 15 limit, but i see what you're saying. Gody and Bradley would for sure be inactives, although if JO comes back 100%, Erden becomes inactive over Von imo.

I always liked Hamilton. How he moves with and without the ball and his smooth shot. It's a shame that the coach didn't let him play as he's supposed to and I think Hamilton should leave the Pistons even though he has had some playing time this month. In my opinion, the Celtics would be the best fit for him since there are lots of vets such as Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Pierce, Shaq, Jermaine etc. and Hamilton would be great off the bench backing up Ray Ray. Two pure shooters.

lolwut? I highly doubt we can realistically get a better back-up wing better than Rip......

RIP is one of the best in the NBA at coming off screens too. Sound like anyone else on the team...?

Right now we have nobody to fill the Posey/T.Allen role that has been vital in our NBA Finals runs. Rip Hamilton is not the guy for that.

Tony Allen and James Posey are vital players?

This is news to me...

They worked well in Boston and made them that much betta

They're just role players though.

I like to think that being vital is like being a guy like LeBron who makes or breaks franchises.

Not Tony Allen or James Posey...