LeBron or Wade?

Real Deal

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yea pretty much. Wade is my fav player so ill defend him, everyone is wrong in my eyes lol. Just like Kobe fans defend him no matter what..like you will never see a Kobe fan saying Lebron is better and stuff.

Why is Wade not the better player? What is it that Lebron does that Wade can not do at the same level or close to it?

Besides his offense from mid-range and anticipation on defense, what does Wade do better than LeBron? That covers all of it.

These players are both on the same level. But with everything in scope, offense and defense, LeBron does more and he does better. That's the crux of it.

I would get more in-depth, but I'm not in the writing mood.

Well get in the writing mood, I haven't been told off in a couple months. Wade wins championships better than Lebronze..oh yes I did just go there. Lebron does the same as Wade on offense, as Wade can now shoot the three and he can dunk when he wants as well. Defense? Wade was one of the league leaders in steals and the best shot blocking guard in the NBA. Sure he does not play one on one defense but his help defense is great. I still don't see how you make it seem like Lebron is miles ahead of Wade.

Wade was just as good a slasher as LeBron was before he found his mid range jumper. Wade is a more complete offensive player and a better defender.

Kobe is better than both of them though.

Oh and to the guy who said oh LeBron made it to the Finals with such and such on his team, Z was an All Star that year and IIRC the top seeded Pistons who were already on the decline won only 53 games. Wade hurt the shoulder that year.

Edited by Flash

Was Wade better than LeBron last summer? Damn near everyone wrote Wade off, seems like dude comes back and has a huge statistical season and everyone is on his dick. Wade is doing now what LeBron was doing for years.

You comparing titles already? Damn they've only been in the league 6 years man, sure at the end of their careers you wanna use that [expletive] okay, but LeBron has only really had a "championship" cast, if you even want to call it that, for a season since Mo got there. I feel like the competition at the top in 06 is worse than it is now, I feel like that 06 team would get destroyed now by the Celtics, Magic, Lakers etc.

But it's not fair to compare a guy like LeBron to a guy like Wade. Of course Wade is more talented because generally guards are more talented, but how many 6'8 guys can run the floor, pass like a PG, throw it down as good as anyone and hit jumpers to a decently consistent rate?

Talent itself isn't the end all be all of what makes a player better, Nash is more talented then Billups but does that make him better? Especially when Billups has a ring? LeBron is more dominant, he can potentially play 4 positions, he is the guy any GM in the NBA is taking first in a fantasy draft to build a franchise around. With Wade are the Cavaliers winning 66 games? I'm not convinced they are, I think LeBron affects the game in more ways than Wade does. Both are top 5 players, but LeBron is probably the 2nd best in the game right now, many would probably say first if Lakers didn't win the championship, but they did win so be it I'll give Kobe the nod at 1. Also LeBron has almost 4 extra years on Wade in terms of how long they'll be in their prime for since he is only 24 and Wade is like 28 isn't he? LeBron has plenty of time to win a championship, multiple in fact so I find it hard to use championships as a rock solid stat in comparing 2 guys who have only been in the league 6 years, especially when the Cavaliers have put together a relative sub-par cast for a guy like LeBron James in 6 years if you ask me.

Edited by travesy3

Then your argument about Bron getting to the Finals in 07 is pointless...

The Heat with a healthy Wade would've blown past the East and into the Finals again.

Then you say they've only been in the league 6 years but then say oh LeBron's been doing this for years. Wade has only missed the playoffs once and that's because he and Shaq were injured most of the 08 season.

Kobe is a far more complete player than both of them that's just the way it is.

Then your argument about Bron getting to the Finals in 07 is pointless...

The Heat with a healthy Wade would've blown past the East and into the Finals again.

Then you say they've only been in the league 6 years but then say oh LeBron's been doing this for years. Wade has only missed the playoffs once and that's because he and Shaq were injured most of the 08 season.

Kobe is a far more complete player than both of them that's just the way it is.

Did Wade really miss the playoffs? I thought he made the playoffs every year except they got swept by the Bulls in the 1st round when he came back from injury early.

Well get in the writing mood, I haven't been told off in a couple months. Wade wins championships better than Lebronze..oh yes I did just go there. Lebron does the same as Wade on offense, as Wade can now shoot the three and he can dunk when he wants as well. Defense? Wade was one of the league leaders in steals and the best shot blocking guard in the NBA. Sure he does not play one on one defense but his help defense is great. I still don't see how you make it seem like Lebron is miles ahead of Wade.

Way to go Dwyane Wade. Credit to him for dominating in the Finals with a better team than LeBron has ever had and in one of the NBA's weaker seasons. After that postseason it was toss-up for me, but it's a no brainer now that LeBron has rounded out his game and substantially improved every season.

Anyways, it's not a wash on offense or defense.

Strictly comparing their abilities, give Wade the edge in ball-handling, footwork, and his jumper in the intermediate area. Give LeBron the edge in the broader areas like driving, playmaking, finishing, three-point shooting, foul-drawing, overall scoring ability, and everything else that doesn't come to mind right now. And, LeBron is much, much more physically imposing, which certainly counts for a lot.

Defensively, it's much easier to make a case for LeBron. Physically, he's longer, stronger, more explosive, and as a result, more versatile: he can defend the post more effectively, guard four positions, play more harassing help defense, and control the defensive glass. As opposed to Wade, who is vulnerable in the pivot against bigger guards and is limited to only defending the backcourt.

They're similar in that they're both very disruptive help defenders, and they're different in that LeBron is smarter — as in, he doesn't have to resort to gambling and risk-taking techniques as much as Wade to play more effective defense and make better decisions.

So, in summation, LeBron is more dominant, more impactful, and consequently, more better.

(This post could've been dissected deeper, but for the sake of length, I simplified and grouped most of it together.)

Wade is a more complete offensive player and a better defender.

Whether Wade is more complete is debatable, but LeBron is a more dominant offensive player. On defense, Wade is undeniably the better gambler, with just outstanding anticipation and range. Probably the best wing at recovery defense. But that's the extent of his defensive advantage over LeBron.

• Like 1

Did Wade really miss the playoffs? I thought he made the playoffs every year except they got swept by the Bulls in the 1st round when he came back from injury early.

We missed them in 07-08. That's why we got Beasley.

The sweep happened because Wade was playing at 60% and when your MVP candidate is at 60% your team just isn't that good.

• 2 weeks later...

LeBron, all day everyday. Dwyane Wade is a hybrid version of Kobe and LeBron, less skilled than Kobe, more athletic, More skilled than LeBron and less athletic than LeBron.

It's plain and simple, If you have Wade above LeBron, then you mind as well have him above Kobe while you are at it.

LeBron is better, I don't need to say more. His stats are nearly the same as Wade, while LeBron led his team to 66 wins for the Cavs while Wade was what 45 games? That's the difference right there.

LeBron all day everyday.

lebron james. hate the guy but i'd take him. if wade had a better jumper he might get the vote, but lebron dominates in most other aspects of the game besides probably freethrow shooting. i really like wade as a player though, even though a few seasons ago i hated him almost as much as lebron because he had david stern and ref's wrapped around his finger and got away with so many BS calls. i'd say lebron is more durable than wade, more imposing and threatening, is a better passer, and better slasher and finisher because of his mix of size and speed even though i think wade has more technical ability and finesse around the rim.

Lebron's the better overall player to me this is obvious at this point. But in 20 years it's a different story, If Lebron dosen't retire with a Championship there's a good chance Wade will be considered better then him all time since during their careers they've put up similar stats so a title would push Wade over the top.