LeBron or Wade?

Real Deal

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Everyone is going to pick Lebron because he is more dominant in terms of doing w.e. he wants when he wants. I will go with Wade, he has had more success and when his team is expecting to succeed he delivers, when they are bad he carries the team, every year that he has been healthy he has put up monster numbers and been a massive part in making the playoffs and the performance from there on out. Last year he showed his talent, put him with a decent team with at least one other star player and you can only imagine what he will do. Lebron is good but he does not deliver in the big stage, when it matters most. Lebron relies on his strength, while Wade relies on quickness and overall skill to get his shots off.

Edited by El Niño

D-Wade won a title with the Heat already so I said that.

LeBron has size. Sure, they can't help it, but LeBron's size puts him over D-Wade. Both can pass and shoot well wth an average 3 pt shooting range. Both play D well. LeBron's stronger though and that goes to his size.

Lebron is better. Lebron is a better one on defender then Wade. Can get to the basket anytime. IMO a better passer then Wade. And Lebron is just a walking triple double machine. I just can't believe people think Wade is a better overall player then LeBron and think as of now not in the past when Wade won already, still think Wade will win with Heat a championship before Lebron does. This is ridiculous.

Edited by magicbalala245

Lebron is the 2nd best player in the league. Wade is the third. Wade is more skilled than Lebron, no doubt about that, but Lebron is just so [expletive]ing big that he dominates. I would take Lebron, but its close.

Why wouldn't he? Lebron hasn't delivered a title, even with his juggernaut team last year. Wade led in PPG, BPG by guards, and made a HORRIBLE team get the 5th seed.

Edited by El Niño

Why wouldn't he? Lebron hasn't delivered a title, even with his juggernaut team last year. Wade led in PPG, BPG by guards, and made a HORRIBLE team get the 5th seed.

Championships are overrated in terms of comparing careers IMO, especially for guys who have only been in the league 6 years. Some players simply don't get equal opportunities compared to others. For example, people hold it against VC that he's never won a title, but how many 'championship' teams has he really been on? None. LeBron won 65 games with Mo Williams as his second best player, Wade had a bevy of great role players in 06, and the most dominant post player in the game when he won the title, yes Shaq was still demanding double teams almost automatically. This isn't to take anything from Wade, he was amazing in the finals, but how can you use championships as almost an end all be all factor?

So now, LeBron has the broken down Shaq some might say compared to 06 Shaq, if he wins a title this year (completely a hypothetical) is he automatically as good or better than Wade? Just off one championship alone? You basically throw everything else out the window?

Wade is doing what LeBron has been doing for years now, dropping huge numbers without a cast, only difference is LeBron made it past the Pistons and onto the finals(albeit where they got owned) with next to no help and was winning damn near 50 games year in year out. Wade has a similar situation on his hands compared to LeBron, no help, and he can't beat the Hawks?

EDIT- Mo Williams, Big Z, Ben Wallace, etc, are a "Juggernaut"? Correct me if I'm wrong but that supporting cast is no where near a playoff team without LeBron, but he got them to win the most games in the NBA, his cast got exposed in the playoffs though.

Edited by travesy3

If you take away the stats and look at what each player does on the court, I'm more impressed by Wade because he doesn't score 75% of his points at the rim. I'm not saying that's bad or anything, and it's more effective to go tot he rim, but the fact that he can even be in this discussion by playing in a PG's body is ridiculous.

I think Wade is easily more skilled than LeBron, and like Guru basically said, if he were in LeBron's body he'd be the better player. For that reason, I'll say he is the better player, because he does just as great of things in a facilitator's role.

It's a really tough argument obviously, but I said Wade is the better player, LeBron will have the better career. (As in, he'll be remembered as one of the GOATs after he wins a few titles, where Wade will just be remembered as one of the 50 greatest players but not anything more than someone like John Stockton or Scottie Pippen. Very respectable, but not in the same discussion.)

Championships are overrated in terms of comparing careers IMO, especially for guys who have only been in the league 6 years.

When you dominate the entire playoffs and almost singlehandedly win that title then yes, it does matter.

Wade has a similar situation on his hands compared to LeBron, no help, and he can't beat the Hawks?

You're kidding yourself if you think LeBron gets no help. If his supporting cast sucked as much as Wade's they wouldn't have won 66 games.

EDIT- Mo Williams, Big Z, Ben Wallace, etc, are a "Juggernaut"? Correct me if I'm wrong but that supporting cast is no where near a playoff team without LeBron, but he got them to win the most games in the NBA, his cast got exposed in the playoffs though.

LMAO @ not being near a playoff team. That team is definitely a playoff contender without LeBron whereas the Heat without Wade is looking at picking first in the draft.

The Heat played 2 rookie, a washed up center, a role player in Haslem and a one dimensional shooter alongside Wade. The fact that we actually got the 5 seed is amazing to me.

You think a Wllliams, West, Szerbiack, Varejeo, Z starting lineup woulda made the playoffs? Really? What Wade did is amazing, no doubt..putting that team on his shoulders ala Kobe during the Kwame and Smush days, but what Lebron did is no walk in the park either. IMO, equally as impressive as Wade's accomplishment leading his team to the league's best record with his second player being a borderline allstar.

You think a Wllliams, West, Szerbiack, Varejeo, Z starting lineup woulda made the playoffs? Really? What Wade did is amazing, no doubt..putting that team on his shoulders ala Kobe during the Kwame and Smush days, but what Lebron did is no walk in the park either. IMO, equally as impressive as Wade's accomplishment leading his team to the league's best record with his second player being a borderline allstar.

Mo Williams was an Al Star IIRC so that automatically makes his cast better. Z is a former AS as well.

When you dominate the entire playoffs and almost singlehandedly win that title then yes, it does matter.

You're kidding yourself if you think LeBron gets no help. If his supporting cast sucked as much as Wade's they wouldn't have won 66 games.

LMAO @ not being near a playoff team. That team is definitely a playoff contender without LeBron whereas the Heat without Wade is looking at picking first in the draft.

The Heat played 2 rookie, a washed up center, a role player in Haslem and a one dimensional shooter alongside Wade. The fact that we actually got the 5 seed is amazing to me.

You honestly think that a bunch of role players, literally not a single first option caliber player is making the playoffs? Mo Williams was not an all-star and he still isn't, why did he get on? Because the team with the best record only had one, so Mo got the nod as a replacement. His best season EVER is 18 PPG? You are acting like if LeBron wasn't there he'd take them on his back. Dude was a 17 point player on Milwaukee who was terrible year in year out. Like many he is a product of LeBron James' ability to make his teammates better. Cavs don't win 30 games without LeBron and neither do the Heat. But the fact that the Cavs DID win 66 games with LeBron says a lot about what he does for a team, even without Mo this team was going to win damn near 60 games the way LeBron was playing.

LeBron made the finals with a supporting cast of Hughes, Gooden, Z, Snow, Pavlovic and so on. Hughes was the 2nd leading scorer at 14 PPG on 40 percent with Z 3rd at 11 PPG. Wade had Shaq, still getting 20-10 on great %'s, Jason Williams and Antoine Walker who you guys act like is a scrub but both put up better PPG then Z at 12 each. Was Wade's cast amazing? No, was it better than LeBron's? Yes, and by a mile.

In 2009 LeBron is winning 66 games with a cast consisting of a bunch of good defenders and a decent scoring PG in Mo. Yes the Cavaliers cast now is > the 07 cast LeBron had, but it's still not on the level of Wade's support. Wade still had arguably the most dominant big man in the NBA at the time he won the ring, to say he won singlehandedly is taking too much away from what Shaq brought to the team. Yes Wade was the best and most dominant player but you act like Shaq was Big Z or something which is just :lol:

Look at it now, the Heat are running JO-Haslem-Beasley-Wade-Chalmers or something to that extent? In 07 the Cavs ran Z-Gooden-LeBron-Hughes-Snow. How much better are the 07 Cavs really?

Edited by travesy3

You are just a Wade hater, Lebron is just a LB or TE playing basketball. Hell if Antonio Gates was in the NBA he would do what Lebron does. Wade has more skill, Lebron just trucks people and has a huge size advantage over the people that cover him. Wade gets his points off the toughest defenders on the other team, while not every lock down defender has the size to cover Lebron. What Wade did the the 06 playoffs was amazing, probably one of the best playoff performances of all time, Lebron gets to the big stage and then gets knocked down from there.