Paul Pierce or Ray Allen

EastCoastNiner

Who Will Be Remembered As The Better Player?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

Paul Pierce. He's going to be known as one of the greatest Celtics of all-time, while people will look at Ray 20 years down the road and see a few teams and threes, and they'll relate to him as the catch-and-shoot player. An all-star, of course, but a glorified Reggie Miller of sorts.

Slightly underrated, to be honest.

I don't know... people will see Ray Allen as one of, if not the greatest three point shooter of all time. But that's assuming his three point record stays for some time.

As for Pierce, I think people will see him as a better player. He'll probably go down as a better player than Ray Allen IMO.

People forget how nasty Ray Allen used to be back on the Bucks and then he Sonics. His game really changed when he got to Boston and became just a catch and shoot guy.

I'll take Allen.

Yeah, I remember watching a couple of Allen mixes on Youtube and he was a badass. He had amazing hops and was dunking on people like it was nothing. His game has greatly changed but I think it was before he got to Boston, maybe like his last couple of years in Seattle.

Paul Pierce is a much more rounded player.

Brandon pretty much covered it as far as offense is concerned. Ray Allen will primarily go down as a catch-and-shoot player and his strength was as always three point shooting. Paul Pierce on the other hand could score inside or outside with equal effectiveness, and on top of that he had a post up game something which cant be said about Ray.

Ray Allen has always been an average defender at best, but the same cant be said about Pierce. Pierce has the capabilities of defending the opposing teams best player. He's still one better perimeter defenders in the league.