Baron Davis trade opens up cap space for D-Will, CP3, Howard

Guest N/A

Clippers have only $25 mil in committed payroll for summer of 2012. Think Deron Williams would like to play w/ Blake Griffin? Chad Ford

When doing the math on Clippers' 2012 cap space, we need to also make sure to count the first year of Eric Gordon's extension.But there should be ample space for a max free agent, whether it is Dwight Howard, Deron Williams or Chris Paul. Chris Reina

Edited by N/A

I've been talking about how D-Will would be great with Griffin ever since the Clippers drafted Blake. that would probably be the best duo in basketball. mixing those two with Gordon, Jordan, and Aminu would be extremely scary.

Griffin, Williams, and Gordon...

Just unfair to think about.

Clippers really must be preparing for something big.

This is similar to when the Heat traded Marion for O'Neal knowing what was in their future...

Eric Pincus: I've been told that Donald Sterling loves the draft process, doesn't like to give up picks - clearly giving Olshey room to work

Like I said in the other thread, brilliant move and will undoubtedly pay off.

Also, I have to say after the deserved early hype the Knicks have gotten during the trade deadline process, they look like the odd man out in 2012. I just don't see them being able to afford someone.

The competition during the middle of this decade is going to be unreal.

Miami/NY/NJ/Clippers/OKC/Chicago/Orlando all look like they will be contenders for a very long time after that summer.

**Bart Scott voice**

CAN'T WAIT!!

Like I said in the other thread, brilliant move and will undoubtedly pay off.

Also, I have to say after the deserved early hype the Knicks have gotten during the trade deadline process, they look like the odd man out in 2012. I just don't see them being able to afford someone.

The competition during the middle of this decade is going to be unreal.

Miami/NY/NJ/Clippers/OKC/Chicago/Orlando all look like they will be contenders for a very long time after that summer.

**Bart Scott voice**

CAN'T WAIT!!

I think the Knicks can sign someone in 2012 even though they likely won't have a max contract to offer.

They could do a sign and trade with CP3 like the Heat did with LeBron and Bosh and use his Bird Rights to go over the cap and still sign him.

The question is...Will the Hornets be happy with 2020 something draft picks? http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif