Sixers only one game away from .500

Cessna

This is awesome. I was not as big of a sports fanatic during that 2000-01 run and thus, did not get to enjoy it THAT much, so this is my first real experience with a fun, competitive NBA team. <3 Doug Collins.

i really love how the sixers have a balanced offense, everyone in the rotation takes about 6-7 shots per game -- really play as a team, hope they can stay at that 7th seed - i think they will give a competitive 1st round matchup to miami or boston

The coolest part is that they finished last season 5-22 and started this season 3-13. So during that 43 game stretch, they were 8-35. This is basically the exact same group now, just slightly improved on paper, maybe. If that isn't a case for a guy to win coach of the year, I don't know what is.

Mr. Phightins,

Thanks for the kind words. I'll do my best to turn you back into a full-time NBA fan. Do you know that Michael Jordan is probably my favorite player of all-time? I just wanted you to know that.

Whoever runs this place, you're doing a fantastic job. You should run a team as a General Manager, much like my good buddy MJ, who is the greatest player of all-time.

Until next time,

Doug C.

• Like 1

Philly is still going to be a first round exit, which means the FO will think nothing significant needs to be done in the off-season because we at least 'made' the playoffs.

I'd like to be optimistic about the Sixers but I just can't.

Philly is still going to be a first round exit, which means the FO will think nothing significant needs to be done in the off-season because we at least 'made' the playoffs.

I'd like to be optimistic about the Sixers but I just can't.

I dunno about that. I mean, yeah they'll definitely be a first round exit, because that's just the nature of the NBA. But I'm not sure what else could they do to build this team (that would be significant) short of convincing a superstar to come here, which isn't happening. This coming draft class looks awful, so I am thrilled they didn't tank this year.

They got off to such a bad start. The Cavs started off solid and won TWO games against this team in quite an impressive fashion. I was stunned that they turned this around. They are competing in every game and winning on the road. Who knows, maybe they can challenge a team in the playoffs if they can somehow leap past Atl or Nyk...not impossible.

I dunno about that. I mean, yeah they'll definitely be a first round exit, because that's just the nature of the NBA. But I'm not sure what else could they do to build this team (that would be significant) short of convincing a superstar to come here, which isn't happening. This coming draft class looks awful, so I am thrilled they didn't tank this year.

Don't necessarily mean the draft, but moves in general. Mainly building a more capable big man rotation, which is still very weak.

Nobody in the draft really intrigues me outside of Jared Sullinger and maaaaaaybe Jimmer.

Don't necessarily mean the draft, but moves in general. Mainly building a more capable big man rotation, which is still very weak.

Nobody in the draft really intrigues me outside of Jared Sullinger and maaaaaaybe Jimmer.

Yeah, true. Well, I am sure they will look to upgrade that no matter how they do in the postseason. I'm sure they realize, like everybody else, that Spencer Hawes and Marreese Speights are bad, haha.