Your March Madness #1 seeds?

Who are your four #1 seeds for the NCAA tournament?

Mine are:

Ohio State

BYU

Kansas

Pittsburgh

To me, none of these teams have bad losses. Pitt plays in the best conference, BYU's dominated at SDSU, and Kansas and OSU don't have any "bad" losses. Kansas was just out of focus at KSU and they gave up a huge lead to Texas.

LOL, Texas beat KU

Even if head to head was the full judgement, that only explains one of them. Texas has also lost 5 games, 2 to teams KU has beaten twice. KU also has a higher RPI.

Edited by BasX

If Duke can win at home against Clemson and at UNC to finish the season, and some of my picks lose, then I'd give them the nod. But as of now, their road wins aren't that special. Every big road game they've had has been a loss.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

• Owner

Doesn't matter, I was talking about KU and Texas.

If you're going to place a team over another due to a single loss, you might as well hold the same logic for the other three #1 seeds.

But, after seeing the other 3-4 excuses you've come up with (ending with it just being a personal preference, haha), I guess that's exactly what it's about in the end...the personal preference, nothing else considered.

In that case, my #1 seeds are...

Kansas

St. John's

UConn

Kentucky

Kansas because they deserve it, and the other three because I like them.

But, after seeing the other 3-4 excuses you've come up with (ending with it just being a personal preference, haha), I guess that's exactly what it's about in the end...the personal preference, nothing else considered.

Personal preference is the fact that I hate Kansas because I am a Mizzou fan.

Ohio State

Texas

Kansas

BYU (I suppose)

I am so undecided about the number one seeds. I don't think any of those teams besides Texas has a really really good chance of either going to the Final Four or winning the entire thing.

BYU is overrated. Any very solid defensive team that can contain Fredette is going to beat the Cougars by 20. They have no one besides Jimmer and they're not good enough inside to do any real damage. Two and out I think for BYU, unless Jimmer goes off for 40 in every game. They don't have the depth or scoring prowess to overcome any potential Jimmer lapse.

I worry about Kansas just because I don't think they have the mentality to beat 3 or 4 very good teams in a row. I just don't like their vibe this year. But I don't get that from a lot of teams either.

OSU is overrated and don't have the depth to contend. Sullinger is lazy and isn't experienced enough to take them anywhere.

Texas is great inside and out, but if Balbos doesn't play consistent minutes they're out by the Elite Eight. He's the catalyst of that team, but I probably think they have the best chance.

I look at teams like Purdue, Wisconsin, Louisville, St. Johns, Georgetown, UConn, and Missouri to really play well. I want to see how Florida plays because I think they can be a tough out especially if they play the way they did against Georgia earlier in the year. Scrappy, tough team.

• 2 weeks later...

RPI means little, I remember when Missouri State had a 20 RPI and got left out of the tournament.

RPI means everything -_-

:wub: St. John's getting love in this thread :wub:

although everyone is prolly off our bandwagon now -_-