Source: Marvin Williams and Hawks reach agreement

The Goods

I have no idea. There was a bit of talk once Free Agency started but it slowly died down. I think it was mainly because the Hawks were in negotiations with him so other teams figured he was going to be locked up eventually.

I think they'll be the 5th or 6th seed, because everyone ahead of them has upgraded it seems. This definitely helps their chances though, I think Marv will shine this season.

How does that make sense? If the teams ahead of us improved, how does that affect where we stand? Did you mean everyone behind us has upgraded? :unsure:

Anyway, good signing. It's not official yet, but I'm just glad we're keeping the core we have. The one thing that we have that other teams don't is continuity. We've had the same core of players and the same coaching staff for a while now and that really bodes well for chemistry. If Marvin can somehow become more aggressive and Josh Smith gets some basketball IQ, I think we have a really good chance on improving our performance from last year.