Wade 'Trying To Be A Team Guy' About Late Game Usage

The Regime

Dwyane Wade is adjusting to not having the ball in his hands on nearly every possession late in games.

“I’m a guy used to having the ball 100 percent of the time at the end of games,” Wade said Tuesday. “It’s been an adjustment. Every adjustment is tough, when it comes to taking something away.”

In games when the Heat was tied or trailed by one, two or three, with less than 30 seconds left, Miami has made just 4 of 22 shots from the field, and only one in a win. That win came on a three-pointer by Eddie House at Oklahoma City.

Wade said he is “trying to be a team guy, don’t make a big stink about it, try to figure out a way to play my role when I’m off the ball late in games. If I’m looked at as a screener, then I’m going to set a hell of a screen. That’s all I can do. There will be certain games I will have it.”

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211690/Wade_Trying_To_Be_A_Team_Guy_About_Late_Game_Usage

All 3 said they wouldn't have done this if they weren't ready to make these types of sacrifices and Wade is doing just that. Definitely big of him to come out and say that and put the Miami Heat before himself.

I'm sure there's going to be plenty of late game situations where he's going to be the one with the ball late in the game because he's having the better night that game.