Thunder in playoffs

How far are they going to end up in the playoffs!? With perkins in town, they will definitely be a bit more dangerous! They just need some chemistry and hopefully, they'll mesh up well together during the short period of time left in the regular season before the playoffs!

So..

How are the Thunder going to do in the playoffs?

Even with a healthy Perkins I don't think they are good enough yet to beat the Spurs, Mavericks or Lakers in the 2nd round. I'd be surprised if they went any further than that.

• Like 1

Even with a healthy Perkins I don't think they are good enough yet to beat the Spurs, Mavericks or Lakers in the 2nd round. I'd be surprised if they went any further than that.

I'm with you. It's gonna take more than Kendrick Perkins to push them over the top. The Thunder may be missing one more key offensive player to go along with their defensive philosophy. Last seasons post season matchup with the Lakers was a Cinderella one. While the Lakers may be the weakest of the three you mentioned, I still don't think that OKC could beat them repeatedly (in a series). It's sad...because I admire the OKC franchise, but without that experience I don't see them making it to a game 6 in the second round. Timing sucks!

• Like 1

I think if healthy they can make the WCF depending on seedings and match up. Ibaka/Perkins, is an upgrade to anything they've had. The X factor will be how much of an impact James Harden can be. He's a terrific outside the box type of offensive scorer that can do a little bit of everything. If he reaches his maturity and potential he could be a Pierce clone.

They'll go to the WCF IF they can avoid getting the 4/5 seed. They have to get the 3/2 seed so they face Dallas. I think they could beat Dallas or LA.

If they meet up with San Antonio, though, I see it being like the Hornets/Spurs 7 game series, with the Spurs experience overcoming the Thunder talent.

They should advance past the first round, though.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest