Corbin gets extension

The Truth

The Utah Jazz signed head coach Tyrone Corbin to a multi-year contract on Wednesday.

Corbin became the head man on February 10 following the resignation of Jerry Sloan. But Utah is just 1-6 since Corbin took over.

"I am really excited about the opportunity to lead the Jazz, and to get to follow a legendary figure like Coach Sloan," said Corbin. "I am truly grateful that the Miller family has the confidence in me to allow me to lead this team into a new era."

Corbin had served as an assistant coach under Sloan since the 2004-05 season. Prior to joining the Jazz, Corbin spent the 2003-04 season as manager of player development for the New York Knicks.

"I am confident that Tyrone is the right man to lead this team into the future," said Greg Miller, CEO of the Utah Jazz. "He is someone with longstanding ties to the Jazz and this community, and who has embraced the core philosophies and ideals this organization holds true. I feel that his character and leadership qualities will be true assets to the Jazz moving forward for many years to come."

Utah holds a 32-29 record entering Wednesday's action. It's fighting for the final playoff spot in the West.

Corbin gets extension

it's a two-year extension. I'm surprised he got it already. Utah's 1-7 with this dude at the helm.

Edited by HOV