Reggie Evans Ready to Return to Lineup Against Utah

ekoreen Eric Koreen

If his name is called, Reggie Evans says he's ready to go tomorrow. #Raptors

His name better not be called. Ed Davis already doesn't get enough minutes and if both his and Amir's minutes are cut so that Evans can audition for a contract this summer, I'll be pissed with this franchise. They already play veterans like Calderon, Barbosa and Bargnani way too much and if Evans plays anything more than garbage time, it will be a joke.

What about the 12-14 rebounds he averaged? I loved his efforts

What about the 30% he shot, the complete inability to defend and being a complete liability on the offensive end of the floor, forcing the team to basically play 4 on 5?

Don't get me wrong, he is a phenomenal rebounder but at this point in the season there is absolutely no reason to give him extended minutes when you have a 21 year old rookie power forward to develop and a 23 year old power forward who is seeing extended minutes for the first time in his carer to also develop. I like the hustle and tenacity he plays with, but if he gets anything more than garbage minutes for anything more than a 3-4 game period, it just shows the incompetence of the Raptors when it comes to developing young players.