If the Magic face the Celtics

kingfish

This is likely the 2nd round matchup. Do you think the Magic can beat the Celtics? The Celtics traded Perkins who always gave Howard trouble, in fact Dwight even said Perkins is the toughest guy to go against iirc. The Celtics dont have much defense inside now, KG is certainly not going to guard him.

Shaq has given Howard problems before, but even if he is healthy no way he can play enough minutes, and quality minutes to slow him down, when Howard plays like 40 minutes at full speed. Im not sure about the perimeter matchups, but I think the Magic could knock the Celtics out in round 2. <_<

The thing is that Howard isn't capable of playing 40 minutes a night, either. He has always had troubles with fouling, especially against Boston. As long as Shaq can still give the Celtics around 25-30 minutes a night, I don't think that they really have to be worried about the 5-10 minutes where a guy like Kristic is forced to guard Howard.

Even if Howard does go off on the Celtics, I don't see him getting the help necessary to pull off the win over Boston. Turkoglu, Richardson, Arenas and Nelson would all have to step up a great deal, and I don't see them being able to do that when they have guys like Rondo, Pierce, Allen and Green guarding, with Garnett providing the help.

It is certainly possible for the Magic to upset the Celtics, more so than when they had Perkins on the roster, but I just don't see it. The Celtics are just a better team at pretty much every other position on the floor and, as good as Howard is, he doesn't have the ability to steal you an entire series. A game or two? Sure. But not an entire series.