Ford: Irving to Return on Friday?

chadfordinsider

Scouts are changing tickets RT @JayBilas: Coach K says in a press conference that Kyrie Irving practiced today, and might play on Friday?

3 minutes ago via Twitter for Mac

There was some speculation about him returning to the lineup in the ACC tournament this past weekend (he was in warm ups on game, I believe), so this wouldn't surprise me at all if it were true.

Hopefully he plays terribly and his draft stock plummets. :)

Just saw this...I wonder how healthy he really is, because if he's close to 100%, I think Duke wins it all. When he was in their lineup, Duke was considered the best team in the country.

yeah but you have to consider the chemistry with teammates...

yeah but you have to consider the chemistry with teammates...

According to Singler, Irving hasn't missed a beat and is playing just as well in practice as he was prior to the injury.

I know that he is supposed to say something like that and won't come out and say that he has sucked something fierce in practice, but it is still worth mentioning.

It also sounds pretty likely that he will play, however he will be limited:

The NCAA tournament had its first shocker even before any games were played.

Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski stunned observers on Tuesday afternoon by saying star freshman guard Kyrie Irving might play on Friday.

Irving, out since Dec. 4th with a severe toe injury, practised with the Blue Devils and could see limited time when the 30-4 Blue Devils open against Hampton in Charlotte.

Irving was playing not only as the best freshman in the nation, but also one of the top overall players in the country before getting hurt, averaging 17.4 points and 5.1 assists.

Krzyzewski cautioned that even if Irving does return, he will not start and will see limited minutes without extended periods on the floor.

Previously, an Irving return prior to the Elite Eight was considered highly unlikely.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/basketball/2011/03/15/17631976.html