NFL Considering Changing Kickoffs from 30 yard line to the 35

reno

"Falcons President and Competition Committee Chairman Rich McKay revealed on a conference call with the media today that the Competition Committee is proposing a major modification of kickoffs, moving the kickoff back to the 35-yard line instead of the 30, and giving the receiving team the ball at the 25-yard line, instead of the 20, if there’s a touchback."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/16/nfl-considers-kickoffs-at-35-yard-line-touchbacks-to-25-yard-line/#comments

Bullcrap.

Good news is, I think its just a proposal and not final. I don't see how this could pass...

Unless the competition committee reasoning is that more touchbacks = less injuries.

What are these guys bored or something? Not quite sure what the agenda is...making the kicking position more notorious? Are they sick of kick off returns for touchdowns? Do they want to see longer sustained drives? Because that's what will happen with increased touchbacks. I just don't see kickers not striving for kicking it out the stadium.