Robin's stats this year. Is he worth anything anymore?

This is Robin's stats this season, which is absolutely ridiculous.

He's averaging seven point a game, last night against Golden State he put up one point a four rebounds in like fifteen minutes. That's not that great considering he was our draft pick in 2008, and has been irrelevant all last year. While Brook has been doing okay, Robin is stinking it up this year, and I don't know why. He's not injured, he gets minutes, they give him the ball in the low block...urgh. He looks so robotic on the floor too.

So I'm asking you guys, is he worth keeping with Gortat in the picture? Or is he a lost cause?

He's horrible offensively and only scores off of bunnies from Nash, but defensively he's a pretty good post defender and gives us a big body down low. I'm not sure whether we should keep him or ship him out because I think he still has some potential to become a player similar like his brother.

That's the thing, I do agree that he's a good defender but I don't think he'll ever develop the offensive skills of his brother. I only see it going two ways.

One: We ship him out in our rebuilding package next season, if he hasn't proved worth to our team, and he's forgive lost in whatever team rotation he's in, is a bench player there, and becomes a journey man in the league.

Two: Twin towers effect.

I don't know what happened to him. He was pretty solid about a year or two ago but now he just flat out stinks although he's decent in the post defensively.

I don't know what happened to him. He was pretty solid about a year or two ago but now he just flat out stinks although he's decent in the post defensively.

He's still a good defender, but it's mainly because of his hugeness. He's seven feet tall, and we're really sick of his stupidity on defense too. You do a hook shot on Robin it usually goes in, but I remember I was in awe last year in the playoffs. Now he's regressed entirely.

Lopez cant jump and he has a really skinny ass frame, that's why he fails to haul in rebounds. Rebounding has never really been his forte though, even when he played for Stanford. You cant simply rely on height in the NBA.

Offensively he's garbage, the only time he scores is when he's spoonfed by Nash.The Suns have always been high on his defense though, and I think that's partly the reason why the organization hasn't given up on him yet. He's one of the few guys who actually plays defense for the Suns.

Offensively he's garbage, the only time he scores is when he's spoonfed by Nash.The Suns have always been high on his defense though, and I think that's partly the reason why the organization hasn't given up on him yet. He's one of the few guys who actually plays defense for the Suns.

I agree with you that he's garbage, and I do think he's spoon fed. But on most attempts the feeding is an absolute one hundred percent failure. He gets an amazing low post pass, usually on a miss match, tries to fade or take a jumper, and on the rare occasion a hook. Either way, it is all bricks. Big bricks, he never hits them, usually on rare occasions he'll hit 'em. He's one of the few guys? We've got good defenders this year by the way. Josh can defend, Nash's defense has been better this season, Dudley is one of the best guards in the league at defense, Gortat is good on defense, Carter is alright.. the only weak links are Pietrus and Brooks.

Edited by theonethatownz

I agree with you that he's garbage, and I do think he's spoon fed. But on most attempts the feeding is an absolute one hundred percent failure. He gets an amazing low post pass, usually on a miss match, tries to fade or take a jumper, and on the rare occasion a hook. Either way, it is all bricks. Big bricks, he never hits them, usually on rare occasions he'll hit 'em. He's one of the few guys? We've got good defenders this year by the way. Josh can defend, Nash's defense has been better this season, Dudley is one of the best guards in the league at defense, Gortat is good on defense, Carter is alright.. the only weak links are Pietrus and Brooks.

Pietrus was actually Orlando's best perimeter defender last season, so I'm not sure how you could call him a weak link. Nash doesn't play defense, Carter isn't motivated enough and even when he is he's average, and Gortat is decent. I'll give you Dudley though, and even Grant Hill (for his age). The team as a whole though isn't good defensively, and it's hard to be good when you best player gets torched every night.

Steve Nash has an opponent PER of 12.2 this year. PER is a pretty sketchy stat but if Nash was constantly getting lit up like so many people claim that number would be way higher. Pietrus' defense isn't that great, as much as I've seen it's average at best. I can't get past his knucklehead chucking though.

Edited by theonethatownz