Atlanta Hawks Are A Team In Freefall

The playoff-bound Atlanta Hawks appear to be unraveling as they continue to get pounded at an historic pace.

As a result, Atlanta has been blown out at home more often than any team with a winning record in NBA history. The Hawks have suffered five home losses by 20 or more points, including three by more than 30 points. Each ranks as the top total in NBA history for teams with winning records, according to STATS, LLC.

http://basketball.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Drew_Larry_ATL_100829.jpg

The Hawks (40-32) have lost 14 of their last 21 games and are losing their footing in the Eastern Conference playoff during the freefall. Atlanta finds itself trying to hold off sixth-place Philadelphia, which is just 2 1/2 games behind the Hawks.

“It’s something I’ve been preaching it seems like every day this month, about how to respond to runs,” Drew said. “This game is a game of runs. Teams make runs. You make runs. You respond to it and we just don’t respond to it well at all. It looks like we lose interest, lose confidence. We just don’t handle it well.”

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/212536/Atlanta_Hawks_Are_A_Team_In_Freefall

I never thought that the Hawks would be faltering this badly this year. They have so much talent on that roster, yet they just can't seem to put things together and win basketball games. If they keep this up, then they might even drop down a spot, or at the very least be a quick out in the Playoffs.

Thoughts?

I think they were also one of the few winning teams in history to be averaging less points per game than their opponents. The Hawks are EASILY the worst perennial 50 win club in history.

I really wouldn't mind being the 6th seed and playing the Miami Heat. They're probably just as flawed as we are. They have no bigs, so Horford should dominate. Plus, Mike Bibby is their starting PG. Only person on the Heat I'm worried about is LeBron James.

I really wouldn't mind being the 6th seed and playing the Miami Heat. They're probably just as flawed as we are. They have no bigs, so Horford should dominate. Plus, Mike Bibby is their starting PG. Only person on the Heat I'm worried about is LeBron James.

And he single handedly swept the Hawks all by himself 2 years ago and now he has Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh on his side. Magic swept them too but I think your chances are much better against them.

lol what a falsehood. Joe freaking Johnson is getting paid more than Dwyane Wade and putting up much worse numbers. LeBron would dominate anyone you put on him and Bosh would probably take care of Smith. besides, Hinrich's been garbage since joining the Hawks.

lol what a falsehood. Joe freaking Johnson is getting paid more than Dwyane Wade and putting up much worse numbers. LeBron would dominate anyone you put on him and Bosh would probably take care of Smith. besides, Hinrich's been garbage since joining the Hawks.

Smith would destroy Bosh on both sides of the ball.

We also have a fella named Al Horford who is pretty good.