Joe Tait to return for Cavs Sunday

CLEVELAND, OH - March 25, 2011 - The signature declaration that “IT’S BASKETBALL TIME AT THE Q” will boom across the land this Sunday, March 27th when Cavaliers Hall of Fame radio announcer Joe Tait makes his much anticipated return to the broadcast booth for the Cavs vs. Atlanta Hawks game at The Q at 6:00 p.m. After undergoing successful cardiac surgery and rehabilitation that kept the legendary broadcaster sidelined for most of the 2010-11 season, Tait is back to call remaining home games this season. Tait’s play-by-play can be heard on the Cavs flagship station WTAM 1100 and the Cavs Radio Network.

Read More

This is pretty incredible....he said this would be his last season a year ago, and then ended up in the hospital for months and had heart surgery. Somehow he has willed his way back and will be back for the last few games (which I assume will be his last ever).

For those who don't know him, this guy is the voice of Cleveland sports. He's been broadcasting for over 40 years.

And best of all, he'll be there Tuesday when we play the Heat.

• Owner

I wondered what happened with him. I heard a little about it, and I've known of him for a while because of the time he spent with Cleveland (guess he's a huge face there), but all I knew is that he had a health problem.

Good to hear he's back.