Julian Wright Refuses to Enter Game

Didn't see the game or anything, but there is a thread on RealGM saying that Triano told Wright to go into the game but Wright refused.

I can understand being frusturated with his lack of playing time this season and all, but is this guy an idiot? He is a borderline NBA player (who can barely get minutes on one of the worst teams in the league in the Raptors) and is expiring at the end of the season. He should take advantage of every possible opportunity so that he may get another contract in the league, because it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he is out of the league by the time next season starts.

Add this whole incident to the rumors about him not trying and screwing around during practice, and the guy might just be running himself out of the NBA considering he was already a borderline NBA talent to begin with.

Unless he has a legitimate excuse, such as an injury or was sick or something, this is just a complete joke if you ask me.

Wow, that's just a horrible decision by Julian Wright to refuse to go into the game. First off, like everyone already knows, Wright is just barely hanging on to life in the NBA in the first place. Second, when people see this kind of issue, they aren't going to want him on their team. It's understandable that he's been frustrated by the lack of playing time lately, but this was beyond stupid.

Ah, that is just horrible team chemistry if you ask me. Having a player who is unhappy with his role of the team, losing a game after another, and not even getting as much minutes. Very frustrating and I can see part of Wright's perspective.

Ah, that is just horrible team chemistry if you ask me. Having a player who is unhappy with his role of the team, losing a game after another, and not even getting as much minutes. Very frustrating and I can see part of Wright's perspective.

Frustrated or not, I don't see how anybody can defend a player for blatantly telling his coach to pretty much go screw himself. You are getting paid around $3M by the Toronto Raptors and by telling Triano that you won't enter the game is pretty much a joke if you ask me.

I can see why he would be pissed off with the team and his role, but doing crap like this isn't going to do anything other than get your ass ran off of the team, and, in Wright's case, potentially the entire NBA.

Triano can't even control his 12th man players. What a [expletive]ing joke, no wonder Hedo walked all over him last year. Sometimes I wonder if BC just turns a blind eye to this type of shit (the failing design of building with/around Bargnani is another example, starting line up without a single guy who can defend, etc) or is just really that [expletive]ing oblivious.

Edited by Check my Stats