Better and worse than your expectations

*Swish*

Topic stolen from another forum

There have been many teams expected to do good things, that flopped, and there have been a few that have done things that no one thought was possible, list opinions and reasons!?

What I think:

Positive:

76ers

This team doesn't have a lot of amazing players like the Lakers, Celtics, Mavericks, Knicks or Heat but they manage to be 40-32 at the 5th spot in the Eastern Conference standings! They're above Knicks who in my opinion are the better team on paper! They've been really surprising to me this season and I think they've made a good choice of keeping Iguodala in town since they've been really successful this season. I think Doug Collins should get coach of the year.

Spurs:

Even though they've had a very good team for lots of years with Tony Parker, Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili in the same team for lots of years, they are old right now and I wasn't expecting them to make it to the 1st spot in the Western Conference standings! They've been really surprising me and they will end up with a 60+ record despite Duncan's loss. At the beginning of the season, I was saying that the Spurs wouldn't go far because of their age and everything but they really surprised me.

Negative:

Bucks:

Nothing really happened this season for them to have an excuse for missing this year's playoffs.. they made it last year! This year they've added some players to their roster like Chris Douglas McRoberts and Maggette but couldn't even manage to take the 8th spot! It's true that Brandon Jennings was injured for lots of time but I was still expecting them to grab a playoffs seed.

Warriors:

Man! Every year, I expect them to become better and they actually had a chance to make the playoffs! I think they're still in the playoff race mathematically but in my opinion they won't make it and it's only because of their lack of focus on the defensive part of the game. In the summer, when the Warriors signed David Lee, I said that they would make the playoffs since Curry improved, Ellis is a beast and then they have David Lee. I was expecting these three to make a good trio but nothing of that really happened. To top it all off, Dorrell Wright improved a lot! (even has a chance to make the most improved player of the year) but the Warriors still can't manage to be close to the playoffs. AGAIN.

Edited by *Swish*

If you're going to copy a topic from another forum at least get it right.

The Bucks haven't had a single practice with the whole team together, let along a game. I'm pretty sure that is an excuse to lose games? Now I agree we don't have the necessary talent to play with the top teams but if this team could have avoided injuries among our top players/signings (Jennings, Bogut, Gooden) then I think we'd be in an entirely different situation right now.

Simply saying we made it last year so we should make it again this year is ridiculous.

If you're going to copy a topic from another forum at least get it right.

The Bucks haven't had a single practice with the whole team together, let along a game. I'm pretty sure that is an excuse to lose games? Now I agree we don't have the necessary talent to play with the top teams but if this team could have avoided injuries among our top players/signings (Jennings, Bogut, Gooden) then I think we'd be in an entirely different situation right now.

Simply saying we made it last year so we should make it again this year is ridiculous.

?? it's from mine.. what's the problem again.. come on man.. just answer the topic and stop trying to find mistakes

?? it's from mine.. what's the problem again.. come on man.. just answer the topic and stop trying to find mistakes

All I'm saying is if you don't follow a team at all and don't know what's actually going on with them, don't post something about what they should or shouldn't be doing.

All I'm saying is if you don't follow a team at all and don't know what's actually going on with them, don't post something about what they should or shouldn't be doing.

oh my bad. Well you're right that I don't follow the Bucks as much as I follow other teams but I was expecting them to at least make the playoffs. I bet you were as well.

oh my bad. Well you're right that I don't follow the Bucks as much as I follow other teams but I was expecting them to at least make the playoffs. I bet you were as well.

Yes, I was.

But your reasoning of "they made it last year" is ridiculous. Like I said, we haven't played a game all season with our full team. Gooden has been out pretty much all year, Jennings missed a large amount of games, Bogut misses a game every few with something, etc.

You know Sacha, stealing topics from another forum without asking is just wrong. You don't have to steal to make good topics, you don't even anyway. Your brain is small to even think and you think using other people's work is gonna make you popular and cool? No.

Make your topics to relate to things, not literally steal the whole idea. Your a big boy now, learn and think.

You know Sacha, stealing topics from another forum without asking is just wrong. You don't have to steal to make good topics, you don't even anyway. Your brain is small to even think and you think using other people's work is gonna make you popular and cool? No.

Make your topics to relate to things, not literally steal the whole idea. Your a big boy now, learn and think.

1. its my forum

2. All my thoughts are from my brain

what the hell is your problem? I just said the same thing earlier to Jenneral... you're maybe trying too hard for +1's.. seriously though wtf man

Better and worse: worse because I was expecting the Rockets to be a top 4 team in the West but somewhat better because when Yao went down, I didn't expect us to be 4 games above .500 and closing in on the 8th seed. Our play since the trade deadline has been terrific.

1. its my forum

2. All my thoughts are from my brain

what the hell is your problem? I just said the same thing earlier to Jenneral... you're maybe trying too hard for +1's.. seriously though wtf man

To be honest, I could care less about the "+1s". I think the whole rep system is childish and stupid. Wouldn't care if we got rid of it altogether. Without the ability to - someone it's pretty pointless.

• Like 2

As for the topic, I didn't expect Denver to be 5th seed good, especially with Carmelo. Perhaps it's a testament to the now watered down level of the Western Conference, but the Nuggets go out every night and play a great style of basketball. It's fun to watch and they're a good team.

I didn't expect Sacramento to be so bad. I thought they'd be up in Phoenix's range to be honest. But what do I know?

Sacha, I don't really care about rep. or any shit like infractions or banned from the site. You act like my Kindergarten teacher if I was bad she would a put a check-mark by my name. Your forum? Hope you realize no one really wants you here bud, its cool if no one wants me here either. At least I got the mind to think about stuff and do the right thing, unlike you spamming in private messaging and acting like a 8 year old boy who didn't get his toy because hes been so bad and wouldn't shut the [expletive] up and isn't mature enough for anything.

What's next Sacha? Gonna tell the principle on me? Go ahead, I'll LOL all the way home.

Edited by Purple&Gold

Sacha, I don't really care about rep. or any shit like infractions or banned from the site. You act like my Kindergarten teacher if I was bad she would a put a check-mark by my name. Your forum? Hope you realize no one really wants you here bud, its cool if no one wants me here either. At least I got the mind to think about stuff and do the right thing, unlike you spamming in private messaging and acting like a 8 year old boy who didn't get his toy because hes been so bad and wouldn't shut the [expletive] up and isn't mature enough for anything.

What's next Sacha? Gonna tell the principle on me? Go ahead, I'll LOL all the way home.

http://menversus.com/images/Is-This-Real-Life.jpg

The irony here is so strong. It's funny because your level of intelligence is of an elementary school child. I fail to see how you're any more mature then the kid.

• Like 1

One of the rare time OTR community backs me up. Shows how stupid and immature YOU are.

and thanks for screwing up my topic.. idiot

Edited by *Swish*