Proposition Neg Rep 2

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Last time the vote to have neg rep was split at exactly 15 votes saying yes, and 15 votes saying no.

We'll let the people vote again this time since there seems to be much more support for it.

So this is the proposition, would you like neg rep? Yes or No, and there will be 3 neg reps available every 24 hours.

The poll will be available until Thursday at midnight!

Edited by Yugonomics

I am for it as long as we don't abuse.

Also, we must not use it if we disagree with the person.

Of course. Neg reps should be anonymous unlike positive reps where the name comes up where you see when people rep you. The main reason I want it is so people don't make posts to just get a rise out of someone like going to a off-topic thread about Coca-Cola and saying LULZ coke sux PEPSI > (just an example)

Of course. Neg reps should be anonymous unlike positive reps where the name comes up where you see when people rep you. The main reason I want it is so people don't make posts to just get a rise out of someone like going to a off-topic thread about Coca-Cola and saying LULZ coke sux PEPSI > (just an example)

Yes, or a thread about how the Heat's Big Three are struggling and it turns into why the Lakers are the best team in the NBA thread...

• Like 1

• Owner

I can't make one anonymous and not the other, and that will create a problem (and a small one, not the biggest).

I gave you guys a poll to decide if we should lift the word filter, and I went ahead and did it. Since then, people have been cussing each other out, and I've deleted a few posts that shouldn't have been made.

This isn't an option. There are two sites I know of that are ruined partially because of negative reps. They go around and neg-rep each other just because of who that person is (ex. negative reps for every post Sacha makes), and it's really not your call to do something like that.

If you agree with a post, there isn't much more to add to a discussion.

If you disagree, there's a TON you can add.

There's nothing wrong with what we are doing right now. Sometimes, I have to make the decisions, despite how the community feels. How many people wanted Diesel unbanned the first time he was tossed? Plenty, and it happened. The second time? Plenty. Eventually, people found out he didn't give a damn about the site, that he had multiple accounts, that he was posting under different (and fake) Facebook and Twitter names, threatening members and athletes.

I would rather just eliminate reputation points altogether, than to add a negative rep. It doesn't matter what certain members promise...3-4 guys won't be speaking for the entire community, and saying the system won't be abused is like me saying members will never up and leave the site.

• Like 4

This isn't an option. There are two sites I know of that are ruined partially because of negative reps. They go around and neg-rep each other just because of who that person is (ex. negative reps for every post Sacha makes), and it's really not your call to do something like that.

idk what sites you're talking about, but I gotta think our community is a lot more mature. if we put a limit on how much you could neg rep in a day and if we told members to not abuse the system, I'm sure we could handle it. even if someone gets neg repped all the time, it's not a big deal imo. it's your call, though, and I'll respect your opinion either way.

I've seen a negative rep work and I've seen it not work but overall it has to be all or nothing; meaning you need either a positive/negative or nothing. The one issue that comes up is how lazy negative repping can be which leads to 'why you neg me bro' and posts and posts about it.

But why not, shouldn't be too hard to remove it if all goes bad.

Tbh, I only wanted this so I could give a negative rep to Sacha every time he made a dumb post and I'm sure many others did to. lol

Nah that's not the point, its to contain trolling and stop people from making really annoying posts, Sasha does nothing wrong imo, I think his semi-horrible English doesn't allow him to say what he really wants

Nah that's not the point, its to contain trolling and stop people from making really annoying posts, Sasha does nothing wrong imo, I think his semi-horrible English doesn't allow him to say what he really wants

Exactly, Sacha makes a lot of dumb and annoying posts so therefore he would get a lot of these negative reps.