Front Office got it right

Over the summer I was pretty angry that we let Rodney Brewer walk and signed Tony Allen instead. Although he sometimes pisses me off because it looks like he's playing like a chicken with its head chopped off, he's had a hell of a season for us. He's our defensive anchor and has scored some big buckets for us this year. He isn't the first option offensively, but his athleticism allows him to have some big nights on both ends of the floor. Most importantly, he has helped change the team's identity to a defensive team. Very pleasantly surprised with the outcome of this signing.

Over the summer I was pretty angry that we let Rodney Brewer walk and signed Tony Allen instead. Although he sometimes pisses me off because it looks like he's playing like a chicken with its head chopped off, he's had a hell of a season for us. He's our defensive anchor and has scored some big buckets for us this year. He isn't the first option offensively, but his athleticism allows him to have some big nights on both ends of the floor. Most importantly, he has helped change the team's identity to a defensive team. Very pleasantly surprised with the outcome of this signing.

Along with Luol Deng, he's probably the best perimeter defender in the game and he plays well off the ball and can occasionally slash to the rim. With so many ball-hungry players on the Grizz, he really fits in. He has been a strong signing, and is one reason why I don't think losing Gay is the end of the world for the team.