Red Bulls close to acquiring DeRo

Dash

The proposed trade that would have sent Dwayne DeRosario to the New York Red Bulls has been put on hold due to a snag in the trade process.Toronto FC had agreed to a trade sending DeRosario to New York for Tony Tchani, Danleigh Borman and a first-round pick in 2012, but a legal issue involving one of the players in the trade has halted the deal.According to multiple sources, both teams had agreed to the deal and submitted it to MLS for approval, but in the approval process it was discovered that one of the players in the trade had a past legal issue that could keep them from playing for their new team.It remains unclear if the proposed trade is dead, or simply on hold while MLS and the teams figure out a solution, but as of Friday afternoon the trade was off and DeRosario was still property of Toronto FC.What's our take? The deal is too big not to happen, and something tells me DeRosario will wind up with the Red Bulls one way or another.We'll provide more information as it becomes available.

-ives

Wow if the legal issues could be sorted out Red Bulls look like major contenders.

I'm a Union fan homie! DeRo is a straight beast though, great move for the Red Bull.

Ah slipped my mind. This move really hurts after reading this...

Dero a red bull will strike a vein with dynamo fans....club was in the bidding

http://twitter.com/#!/GlennDavisSoc/status/53947140929630208