Amare: Pau is still soft

you're judging who someone is as a member based off three or four posts. what's so bad about someone having a different opinion? having read many of MS's posts on HN, I can safely say he respects Kobe's skill. just because he thinks there's a few players better than Kobe doesn't mean he thinks Kobe sucks.

you guys are basically chasing him away from the site just because he has a different opinion. his posts in this topic were as informative, compelling, and impressive as anyone's, but because you don't agree with what he says, none of that matters. rather than at least acknowledging the time and effort he puts into his argument, you just insult him and wait for other immature members to give you rep. that my friends, is what's wrong with OTR. don't get me wrong - I love this site. I love the members. but this - this is ridiculous.

He only has a couple of posts and many of them are very biased. I think he finds enjoyment as many people do, bashing the Lakers fan base because they have many iffy fans. Just because they have so many bandwagoners doesn't mean they have other great fans. I don't want to chase him away but he will need to change in order not to be targeted. I was the same way when i came here and someone did it to me (Fish I believe and I know what not to say now). I will respect anyone's opinion but not their ignorance.

He came here baiting the Laker fans, trashing the community. He stated that most of the site was Lakers fans (in the gameday topic), which is absolutely false...and I proved that. He mouthed off about them in the gameday topic. He is in this topic ONLY for that very reason.

where did he 'trash the community?'

And if you think something is wrong with OTR, go put up your own damn site, message me in a year and tell me how things are going.

I love this site and its members - I acknowledged that in my last post.

Here's what's wrong with OTR: every month or so, we run into trolls, and I do my best to keep them here. We also run into unintelligent posters that I wait for, waiting for them to change and start respecting all 30 fanbases. I'm hard as hell on the Heat, but I won't look like a dumbass and say that LeBron isn't a top three player in the NBA. Same with Wade. I've stated that the Heat can get to the Finals. It's all based on what I watch, not my team and who I hate.

you're confusing trolls with people who just have different opinions. if MS came in here and started trashing Kobe and saying all these horrible things - that would be one thing. all he's doing here, though, is making arguments as to why he thinks some other players are better. I don't see the problem there. trust me, this guy isn't here to bait or troll. I know the kind of member he is from reading hundreds of posts on HN. he's extremely mature and he knows the game very well. what him and I posted in this topic isn't worthy of bashing.

Don't talk shit on my guys. They have put in far, far more than you have around here. They have done much more for this site. When they see someone that is similar to the other trolls we've had over the last six years, they will call them out.

fair enough.

Go ahead and stick yourself in the same boat, dude. We'll continue posting, with or without you. Trust me.

what boat? all I've done is respect this site and its members since joining here. anytime you've confronted me about something, I followed your orders and did my best to stick to the script. I make one tiny complaint about the site and suddenly I'm public enemy #1? I just don't get it, man.

• Owner

He's a troll now, and if he's not, he'll prove me wrong. He doesn't go off about the entire community being Lakers fans, saying the only way you get accepted is being a Lakers fan or a Kobe nut hugger. THAT is blasting this community, and THAT makes him a troll that will eventually have trouble seeing these forums as a guest, let alone a member.

He's still here, so stop bitching. I'm not holding anyone's hand, new or old members. If it was about him disagreeing with me in some Kobe/Jordan shit, that means N/A would've been LONG gone far before the other day. Same with a few others here.

Let me also chime in with another comment lol. Before in this thread, I said Pau and Amar'e were soft. I still stand by that. But Pau is not as soft as some people on this forum claim he is...He's not Bosh-soft. And I'll be completely unbiased, he's not as soft as Amar'e...

• Like 2

• Owner

Let me also chime in with another comment lol. Before in this thread, I said Pau and Amar'e were soft. I still stand by that. But Pau is not as soft as some people on this forum claim he is...He's not Bosh-soft. And I'll be completely unbiased, he's not as soft as Amar'e...

That's true. The only thing that pisses me off about Gasol is that he goes away from the post when we need him down there. It's cool to post up on the less-talented defensive players, or bench players...but there are many times where Gasol holds the ball 15-18 feet from the rim, and you just KNOW he's about to shoot it.

He's a finesse player, and he's a two-time champ as a second-option scorer. He's been very good for us (won't say great because that word is reserved for guys like Duncan and Malone). We just need him to become more aggressive on the block, which is something Phil and Kobe have stated over and over again.

• Owner

Deleted post. Get off my board.

By the way, OTR has over 3,000 members, not just 700. We were hacked, and started over not too long ago. Don't talk about OTR anywhere else and expect to be here.